Page 2 of 2 First 12
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glucosamine, large tablets (1000mg) and fish oil high in EPA and DHA (at least 1 to 2g of the stuff). Other than that I dont know of other supplements that help as well.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

stay strong, how about just stay young?

Well, when I was in my mid thirties, I was at about the peak of my fighting skills, energy, techique, stretching ability, etc. At 55, after a broken leg, twisting two knees tobagganing down a crusty snow packed hill (keep all appendages within the ride at all times," I just am not as limber, nor walk as sprightly as I used to. I try to still do some boxing, hiking in the foothills, swim, etc. And I have even dabbled with chondroitin and other liquid stuff, that maybe helps these old joints. BUT, there is two decades of wear and tear between mid-thirties and mid-fifties, just ask my dad, age happens, he just turned 95, and I haven' been afraid of a spanking from him for at least a few decades! ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by DSL View Post
    dude, yeah, glucosamine+condroitin and fish oil and ibuprofen.

I'm 38 and I am still going strong. I regularly ask the guys I fight if I knew their mother.
    **** time, stay strong and young and help your body with supplements.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use the Glucosamine Chondroitin also. It seems to have rid me of a longtime issue with my elbow (pain, bursitis) but there have been long periods where I have forgotten to take it and the elbow problem didnt return. I still take it anyway hoping it will be a good preventative measure as I get older (Im 45 now).

In cases of injury with pain, the best thing I have found is clofenac. When needed Ive also had good results from clofenac relax (which has a muscle relaxer added). That said I really think you should try to stay away from these types of drugs as much as possible.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, in mma, the peak of winners is in the mid thirties, so osu to you, dude, keep on!

Page 2 of 2 First 12