Posted On:
    6/22/2009 2:12am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Critique my roundhouse.

Critique my roundhouse.

I originally had more video of me doing some bagwork training and was going to title this thread, "CRITIQUE MY STRIKING ON TOTALLY COMPLIANT TARGETS!" but my memory card fudged and I lost some sectors. :\ Anyway.

Critique my roundhouse!

Right leg - I've named hospital

YouTube - Right Leg

Left leg - I've named Cemetery

YouTube - Roundhouse Left leg

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets see how your eye poke is then we can call you the scrawny asian cro cop
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

('._.)

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 11:07am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep your hand on your chin or you will be countered with a straight right and your asian mophead put on the ground.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 11:19am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you kick with your left you dont pivot your right leg as much, right kick is pretty solid.

and keep your hands up cutey pie, one way to drill that is have you kick only 1 pad while your partner tries to smack your head with the other pad. tough love pumpkin.

Also, when using the right kick, step forward more, you started with the shin and by the 3rd kick it looked like you are kicking with your foot. probably same problem with your left but i couldnt see where the kick landed.
    Last edited by honest_truth; 6/22/2009 11:21am at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your hands are kind of a mess. Your lead hand needs to come across your face and your right need to move in a comact organized path, be it linear, circular or semi-circular. Dont just flail it. You are getting decent power, but it seems to be coming from the wrong source. If the hip is not the center of power generation, you should adjust your delivery.

Unless you can set it up very well, or deliver significantly faster, you're going to get that kick caught, and you're going to eat an overhand as a result. Keep that hand across your face.

Hope this helps.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your knees should be pointed out more when you throw your kicks. Right now you're just taking a step forward, what you want to do is step out an angle with your knee and foot pointed outward in the direction of your kick. This gives your legs room and opens your hips up. Also, you seem to largely be kicking with the force of your leg. Try keeping your leg and totally loose and relaxed and just let it swing with the turning of your hips. Don't "try" to kick so hard, if you relax and just let your leg fly with the explosive rotation of your hips there won't be as much muscular resistance in swinging your leg around.

Another thing is that you might want to try kicking with the ball of your foot directly beneath you. This allows you to swing more freely around on the ball of your foot in a more balanced manner without the resistance of your leg/foot interfering with the motion of the kick.

I think the key to a hard, fast kick is staying totally loose with the least amount of resistance interfering with the swinging of your leg as possible.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

poser

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 11:45am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    edit:

today, kidspatula slipped her post in before mine. it was related to striking, and it was a hell of a lot more useful than what i had to say. fml.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what kid said. and keep your hands up man. or one of them at least.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 1:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks. i'm tring to post vids of when i'm really tired to more easily find things wrong in my technique. i'll try to post something when i'm fresh and get some info then. you can probbly see all the tkd and karate influence on my striking then.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 1:08pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to echo war wheel and also your left hip in particular isn't rollling over as much as it needs too

It's a little silly, but I actually learned to keep my hands up while twisting my hips by pretending I was pulling on a rope or twisting a steering wheel.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast