Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 7:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Detonics 1911? Moved to ILLINOIS???

I just got a email about Detonics being re-opened and their new owner moved all manufacturing to ILLINOIS???? Why the hell would any gun manufacturer want to be based out of Illinois?

BTW, has anyone ever handled one of these Detonics 1911? I'm seriously thinking about picking one up, just want to know if it's worth the $$$.
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 6/19/2009 8:00pm at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 9:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes. Small, but kicked like a .38 I am not sure how it would stack against the para-ord of today though.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 12:34am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The owner of the company I work for is friends with the person who was (last I heard) the owner of the Detonics plant. They had a manufacturing facility here in georgia and we did some work for them. They did a slick demo of the pistol for us, shot 500 rounds through it then fired it out of a black powder canon into a backstop and put 500 more rounds through it.

If you like to drop your pistol in a mudpuddle and stomp on it a few times before you shoot 100 people then this thing is well worth the price. Otherwise.... I dunno.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 1:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    If you like to drop your pistol in a mudpuddle and stomp on it a few times before you shoot 100 people then this thing is well worth the price. Otherwise.... I dunno.
    That's EXACTLY what I like to do, that's why I own Glock!
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 5:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'd be surprised how many manufacturers are based in Illinois, but the trend has been for them either to be moving out of state (like Les Baer) or to get much more heavily involved in politics. Just off the top of my head, we have DS Arms (makers of excellent FAL rifles) Fusil (makers of excellent magazines for battle rifles) Springfield Armory and Armalite, both based in Geneseo in the middle of the state, Rock River Arms (makers of excellent pistols and AR15 rifles) and I'm sure I'm missing some. That doesn't include shops like Les Baer, who moved across the river to Iowa, or Heinie Specialties, which still makes a lot of parts and sights but won't take orders for custom pistols anymore. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.