Posted On:
    10/09/2009 1:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sawadeekha,

Here is my 2 cents.

I notice from your shorts your are from Nakhonotom gym. Kate meehan was there for a little while under Kru Ray Cole. Heard is very traditional and by your performance, so are you. I respect that.

I think for a 5th fight you did well. You like to counter which is great to see but currently you counter with 1 or 2 weapons. Keep stringing more along. I don't mean 6 shots or anything but if you catch the teep and follow cross, what can you add in? Left hook right knee? Cross grab and knee? Things like that. You are on the right track though for sure.

Your footwork was not too bad for only 5 fights. Practice always makes perfect but again on the right track. Im not sure but in the clinch you are on your toes, this is right but when you step back for the knee step solid and control him a bit more. Easier said than done!

Someone else pointed out ring control. I agree with this because if you just chase or stalk sometimes they can turn that strategy against you, so knowing what weapons to use in order to place your opponent is key. Again all things that come with more experience.

Last thing, your timing. I notice you would get hit and then respond and yours were the stronger of the exchange. However, this may not always be the case so mix in some timing and then follow up. Don't get into a habit of just taking and giving.

You have a very nice style, traditional and effective. Keep at it and you will be a force in the near future. Kudos to your trainers as well!

In my opinion most people rely on pads from a trainer and do not put in enough one on one time with the bag. You can perfect your weapons and sharpen combos/technique on the bag but hours must be put in.

In the end what we think doesn't matter worth a lick. Go over the video with your Kru and listen to them. :)

Great job.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 3:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great input, Kru J :)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12