Posted On:
    6/18/2009 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Video of me doing some boxing mitt work

YouTube - Ashly padwork

Kat decided to take a video of me doing some pad work today so I figured I'd share it. I'm kind of sucking it up, though it's nice to see all the bad things I'm doing when hitting pads.

Personal critiques:

1.) My legs are stiff and I'm a bit flat footed, so my movement is on the slow side

2.) Sometimes I'll rest my gloves against each other, causing me to have to reposition before throwing

3.) Not turning my fist over all the way on the cross some times

4.) Slapping with the left hook some of the time. On some hooks I'm not lifting my elbow to bring my arm into alignment with the punch which makes for a slappy hook. I'm also throwing the hook really low.

5.) Dropping my hand after the jab some times, this has always been a really bad habit of mine that causes me to eat a lot of counter rights.

6.) Letting my hands drop a lot.

A lot of this can be attributed to the fact that I'd already been doing a pretty solid 2 hour boxing work out, so I was pretty tired at this point, but still bad habits nonetheless. I've also not done pad work with my boxing coach in a while (was unable to train with the boxing coach for a few months), which is a good part of the reason I sucked it up so bad and kept failing to do what I was told, teehee.

Anyway, feel free to comment/critique whatever.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:11pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you meant to post this here in the Advanced Striking forum Kid.

I think this is the first time I've ever posted in this forum.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh did I post this in the grappling forum? Oopsie!
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:58pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only thing I noticed right away was the right dropping, your power looks better than in the past and you're a lot crisper than the last fight vid I saw for sure. If you can hold that together under pressure then you should look great in your next fight. Speaking of which got any plans?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Only thing I noticed right away was the right dropping, your power looks better than in the past and you're a lot crisper than the last fight vid I saw for sure. If you can hold that together under pressure then you should look great in your next fight. Speaking of which got any plans?

Yeah, I've been really trying to improve the whole dropping the hands thing, but as I get tired I get back into the bad habits. Training with the boxing coach is great for smoothing out all the little bumps in my technique since he's so quick to point out what you should be doing. He doesn't approve of this whole kickboxing thing though since he blames kickboxing for all the stuff Kat and I do wrong.

As for fighting, right now I'm working on getting in shape for the IKF Worlds on July 24th-26th in Orlando. The possibility of fighting in one of the XFN shows in Athens, Georgia has been mentioned so I might do one of those upcoming events. After IKF I'm probably going to seek out some pro fights and hopefully get something in August.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:36pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Power and speed look good, especially for being after a 2 hour workout. The hands being low is the main thing I noticed, it also meant I couldn't tell how quickly you were bringing a punch hand back to defense.

You might want to ask your coach to throw those punches more straight. Specifically, when he throws a 1-2 for you to defend it, he's clearly aiming for each shoulder, which means you don't have to work as hard to get your shoulder in the way.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd do that, except I'd end up screwing up and getting my face busted :P

Also, you can notice that he'll keep tapping my shoulder until I actually slip before continuing the combination.
    Last edited by Torakaka; 6/18/2009 9:50pm at .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 10:48pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One awesome thing about this video is we finally have a good example of pad holding!

You look good but I don't know about this boxing stuff you seem pretty open for leg kicks. lol

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 10:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i dont get why he isnt aiming for your face, because you can see quite clearly that it isnt helping your ability to slip.

do you do the turning over of the fist normally when you punch? ala the way sefo punches?

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 11:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As you noticed your self, you drop the lead hand way to low.
    You might want to turn your right foot a little more forward and you said it yourself, the being a little flat footed thing is not ideal.
    When you do the might (first few seconds) I would suggest you use your knees more than bending forward, otherwise you might end up banging heads or eating some knees.

In general you have good, crisp technique. Keep it up.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast