Then switch it off. It's not hard.

That's why I assumed it was threads.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 3:06pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have problems with cross linking, it's embedding images on my/my clients sites that I take the issue with.

Both MartialTalk and Bullshido appeal to certain niche markets. We don't have much overlap. By working together, your message on the frauds gains access to our niche, which favors the karate mom rather than the gym rat. (No offenses intended). With the bread and butter of any commercial school being kids, a wider distribution of fraud reports and validation of legit credible instructors benefits both our sites AND our target audiences. It also brings potential information and researchers to this mission, who might otherwise choose to ignore Bullshido.

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 3:12pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You dont want people posting in threads on your site, and embedding images from elsewhere on your site?

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 3:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaith Rustaz View Post
    I don't have problems with cross linking, it's embedding images on my/my clients sites that I take the issue with.
    Are you okay with Bullshido members putting up a copy on another site, with attribution to the original?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 3:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Are you okay with Bullshido members putting up a copy on another site, with attribution to the original?
    If it complies with US Copyright law's "Fair Use" I'm cool with it. In most other cases (and I speak of my own work here) I've allowed use with attribution. Member posted images remain their work, so it gets a bit grey there. Screen shots AFAIK are ok legally.

There's a few posts here though that are sloppy copy-paste jobs that are the ones at issue. Advanced warning of potential major headaches would also be nice and could save future misunderstandings between us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 3:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    You dont want people posting in threads on your site, and embedding images from elsewhere on your site?
    I don't want people doing copy-paste embeds of my clients work here, and I don't want them doing copy-paste on MT. If the image is at any image sharing site (Flickr, Picasa, etc) those are ok. Youtube, Google video and a few other such sites are also ok on MT, we've added the BB codes to support those long time ago.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 3:37pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This "cooperation" is laughable.

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 3:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure what you expect here is reasonable. Screenshots are okay but image copies might not be? I don't think your terms are possible to enforce on our chaotic user community, and I'm not even sure they're reasonable in general.

It sounds to me like your clients are less worried about the bandwidth loss and more concerned about the commentary on their images, and that's pretty much a lose.

This isn't a tightly controlled site. That's part of the reason we get more done than you, and probably accounts for our larger membership as well.

I'm not an admin here and can't speak for the site, but my read of your conditions is that they're unlikely to be met. In any case, as Tom Kagan already pointed out, all of your alleged concessions are actually to your benefit. The marketing argument is interesting, but I suspect it is not all that compelling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 4:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the benefits to Bullshido aren't apparent, then I'm afraid I can't explain better.
    I run a network of over 20 martial arts related sites. If sanctioned access to that and the 1 million or so viewers a month that they receive is not seen as a benefit to Bullshido, then I don't know what I can offer. I've conceded that your footprint on Google is larger, as is your registered member, post and thread count. Regardless of that, there are sites bigger than you, such as Sherdog.

As to images, your staff attorneys can advise you on what is and isn't legally ok under US law. I'm trying to avoid sending in regular complaints to your server host over matters that should be more easily resolved in a couple of pms or emails a few times a year.

The 2 conditions I asked for, are easily met by this site.
    The first one is already in place between MartialTalk and at last a dozen other communities.
    The second one is only an issue with Bullshido. They are the only site I'm aware of who organizes board invasions.

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 4:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Sanctioned access" LOL.

This is a joke.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates