Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 11:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Easy breezy. There is no need for name calling. There is a meeting scheduled and CY Faunce is making a judgement about what will suffice with docs inspected by White Kimbo.

This serves no purpose.

It has been established and can be verified (by anyone who has gone to seminars) that there is a chain of authority with signatures and documents that can be breached in any number of places. In a nutshell lets see what happens with White Kimba's liason before any more accusations are made.
    Agreed. Let's work with this man. As long as he's cooperating reasonably and answering questions, there's no need to flame him.

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 12:28pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would consider the source.... White Kimba BTW nice job. I notice that Matt has on the thread, in the midst of otherwise coherent statements, misnamed something, used a term that is not used generally for a type of cert, etc. These are all signs of some recurring brain trauma. Context related knowledge and short term memory are usually a couple of areas that you see affected a lot by injuries like this... so yu might have somoene who can tell you what they had for breakfast ten years ago to the day, yet can't remember how to spell their kid's name.

Having said that Matt's handicap could affect his judgement of a certificate and of a sanctioning procedure. I hope at this point that these two certifiers didn't set him up for this deliberately because of what Matt sustained, I really hope not.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Were I to find someone took advantage of him BECAUSE he was so injured...

...I would take that as a PERSONAL offense.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Were I to find someone took advantage of him BECAUSE he was so injured...

...I would take that as a PERSONAL offense.
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 12:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that's pretty despicable if they did.

I think Lebell might get his witch hunt after all...

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would consider the source.... White Kimba BTW nice job. I notice that Matt has on the thread, in the midst of otherwise coherent statements, misnamed something, used a term that is not used generally for a type of cert, etc. These are all signs of some recurring brain trauma. Context related knowledge and short term memory are usually a couple of areas that you see affected a lot by injuries like this... so yu might have somoene who can tell you what they had for breakfast ten years ago to the day, yet can't remember how to spell their kid's name.
    Look, I have tried to be fair while the jury (WK) was out, but it is Morton's responsibility to take stock of his disability before he starts teaching people, just as it is your physician's responsibility to know whether or not his MD is from a legit source; Just as it is his responsibility not to accept an offer to train with a medic he met in the Army and get his MD for $200.

Who would accept an Instructor Certificate form Torrance Academy with Carlson's name on it? Who would accept BLACK BELT certification from Roger Gracie after what sounds like pretty light training, knowing full well how long it takes to achieve that rank? I do not know personally how many black belts Roger has awarded, but for comparison, Torrance Academy has awarded only 7 black belts in its entire history, and only 16 have been awarded from the entire GJJ affiliate system.

Why? Because it takes fucking forever to earn a BJJ BB. Are there more than even 1 or 2 among us (thousands, and thousands) Bullies?

If these lapses in judgement are really being driven by an impairment, than he (matt.m) should not be teaching. Luck for us he likes MA and not flying airplanes.

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh Matt, but you are either playing (extremely) dumb, or you are compromised in a way that disqualifies you as an instructor.

I'm glad you remembered where the Torrance cert was.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 1:38pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Look, I have tried to be fair while the jury (WK) was out, but it is Morton's responsibility to take stock of his disability before he starts teaching people, just as it is your physician's responsibility to know whether or not his MD is from a legit source; Just as it is his responsibility not to accept an offer to train with a medic he met in the Army and get his MD for $200.

Who would accept an Instructor Certificate form Torrance Academy with Carlson's name on it? Who would accept BLACK BELT certification from Roger Gracie after what sounds like pretty light training, knowing full well how long it takes to achieve that rank? I do not know personally how many black belts Roger has awarded, but for comparison, Torrance Academy has awarded only 7 black belts in its entire history, and only 16 have been awarded from the entire GJJ affiliate system.

Why? Because it takes fucking forever to earn a BJJ BB. Are there more than even 1 or 2 among us (thousands, and thousands) Bullies?

If these lapses in judgement are really being driven by an impairment, than he (matt.m) should not be teaching. Luck for us he likes MA and not flying airplanes.

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh Matt, but you are either playing (extremely) dumb, or you are compromised in a way that disqualifies you as an instructor.

I'm glad you remembered where the Torrance cert was.
    No slight on you WW, and good points of investigation apply regardless of the circumstances. That comment about the airplanes was BTW if in poor taste also hillarious....

I do think it is conveviable that some folks could get taken by these cert programs... it does not entirely exxonerate them but somoene can be more guillable for a credible reason under some circumstances.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No slight on you WW, and good points of investigation apply regardless of the circumstances. That comment about the airplanes was BTW if in poor taste also hillarious....

I do think it is conveviable that some folks could get taken by these cert programs... it does not entirely exxonerate them but somoene can be more guillable for a credible reason under some circumstances.
    Let's be clear: Taken twice -- Once by Thompson and once by Garcia, who both happen, coincidentally, to give .jpg's instead of certificates, and are both equally bad at "Photoshopping", and are both in the military.

Do you really think someone who believes a BJJ BB can be earned in this manner, in what sounds to be weeks or months of training, should be teaching anyone anything?

Do you really believe a Judoka (no one is questioning that) would accept BB rank in anything, much less a martial art with such close ties to Judo, without progressing through any lower belts?

I'm sorry, but its too much, and from too many different directions to be believed.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 1:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the issue is more Matt's wording not, that he couldn't be defrauded. I can actually believe that he was defrauded. It is the bigger and grander stories that make it weird. I mean these are two good military buddies, based on his own words, who both helped defrauded him in a very specific manner for $200. I think if it was a seminar or just one person, the believability would be higher.

If this is all true, War Wheel's conclusion is a very valid point. The reason being, mental injuries, such as these, don't get better. So, the debilitation has become worse, in the intervening year or at the very least stayed constant. From this P.O.V. I can see War Wheels complaint. Yes, it is harsh, yes, I'm glad Matt is working with the disabled but, it doesn't mean it is the correct thing to do.

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 2:09pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Let's be clear: Taken twice -- Once by Thompson and once by Garcia, who both happen, coincidentally, to give .jpg's instead of certificates, and are both equally bad at "Photoshopping", and are both in the military.

Do you really think someone who believes a BJJ BB can be earned in this manner, in what sounds to be weeks or months of training, should be teaching anyone anything?

Do you really believe a Judoka (no one is questioning that) would accept BB rank in anything, much less a martial art with such close ties to Judo, without progressing through any lower belts?

I'm sorry, but its too much, and from too many different directions to be believed.
    Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

Again, how long does Matt say he trained with these guys he claims awarded him a BJJ BB?
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast