Page 1 of 64 1 23451151 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 5:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Martial Talk is allowing Matthew Morton to hide on their forum.

Quote Originally Posted by joecos View Post
    I hate to be the bubble burster here, but I'm calling troll. Way too amateurish for a serious case of fraud. This is someone trying to get us to jump through hoops.

The question then becomes, since his "third leg" thread started this, is Zen of Anger in on the troll?
    Maybe it started as a troll on Martial Talk. But the images weren't meant for us.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 5:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by joecos View Post
    I hate to be the bubble burster here, but I'm calling troll. Way too amateurish for a serious case of fraud. This is someone trying to get us to jump through hoops.

The question then becomes, since his "third leg" thread started this, is Zen of Anger in on the troll?
    Hey now sonny, you know the rules, once one of us has yelled ' witchhunt' there's no turning back!

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 6:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Hey now sonny, you know the rules, once one of us has yelled ' witchhunt' there's no turning back!
    And you don't see a possible problem with that do you?

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 6:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, and since he has posted on this thread and has posted on Bullshido as recently as 4 hours ago, I doubt his is ignorant of the proceedings thus far. He is free and welcomed to enter this thread and clarify everything and I would expect other posters would agree.

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:53pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    There is also evidence of tampering on other cert images.

Matt, how often do you get "scammed" like this anyway?
    LMAO at this post.

You hit the nail on the head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2009 8:27am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Martial Talk is allowing Matthew Morton to hide on their forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post
    You still haven't explained how Eric Thompson fooled you into believing that you were certified in Gracie Combatives with a .jpg file. You also have not explained how the Roger Gracie certificate came from Michael Garcia. How does that work? Did you train in BJJ under Garcia, or did he tell you that you were good enough to be given the rank on your merits?

Don just summarized the issue there. I've never heard of someone getting only a .jpg for a Black Belt certificate before.
    In here :

Quote Originally Posted by matt.m View Post
    I was mailed and emailed the bogus fucking certs.
    He says he was both e-mailed the certs and also recieved a physical copy of them.

Assuming his story is true, then Thompson could have altered a certificate on the computer, printed it out, and sent the falsified doc to Morton by email and the printed copy by mail or whatever. That would be why there is evidence of tampering if Morton did not scan a copy of the physical certificate and instead used the images Thompson sent to him. That would take into account both the photoshopping and the third party allegedly present.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2009 8:56am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    Occam's razor, people.

While it is POSSIBLE that two separate people defrauded Mr. Morton with the exact same technique, It does not appear PLAUSIBLE. We need more verification to contraindicate the obvious conclusion here.
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me :rolleyes:

Might wanna consider than maybe Garcia and Thompson worked in concert and that Morton pretty much got the certs at the same time.

If not, well...the above quote applies. : \
    Last edited by kikoolol; 6/21/2009 9:00am at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/21/2009 6:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoolol View Post
    In here :

He says he was both e-mailed the certs and also recieved a physical copy of them.

Assuming his story is true, then Thompson could have altered a certificate on the computer, printed it out, and sent the falsified doc to Morton by email and the printed copy by mail or whatever. That would be why there is evidence of tampering if Morton did not scan a copy of the physical certificate and instead used the images Thompson sent to him. That would take into account both the photoshopping and the third party allegedly present.
    Please explain why Thompson would increase his chances of getting caught by providing the actual doctored files.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 6/21/2009 6:26pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 11:27am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt, you're a fucking liar. It's that simple.

Again, if you're telling the truth, TWO of you trusted military buddies conned you. That's bullshit. And we all know it.

So, after proving you were flat-out lying about your BJJ rank, we are supposed to just believe everything you say about your alleged miltary service? Get real. You the one who got caught with false certs, got caught lying, and whose story keeps changing. It's YOU who needs to start ponying up proof (like a DD-214), not the the people on this site.

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 11:36am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Matt, you're a fucking liar. It's that simple.

Again, if you're telling the truth, TWO of you trusted military buddies conned you. That's bullshit. And we all know it.

So, after proving you were flat-out lying about your BJJ rank, we are supposed to just believe everything you say about your alleged miltary service? Get real. You the one who got caught with false certs, got caught lying, and whose story keeps changing. It's YOU who needs to start ponying up proof (like a DD-214), not the the people on this site.
    Easy breezy. There is no need for name calling. There is a meeting scheduled and CY Faunce is making a judgement about what will suffice with docs inspected by White Kimbo.

This serves no purpose.

It has been established and can be verified (by anyone who has gone to seminars) that there is a chain of authority with signatures and documents that can be breached in any number of places. In a nutshell lets see what happens with White Kimba's liason before any more accusations are made.
Page 1 of 64 1 23451151 ... LastLast