Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 3:24pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Portable Ring Ropes

Does anyone have portable ring ropes?

I see that Title and Rev gear both sell them. We've got revgear freestanding bags, but we normally just chalk off a ring. Are these worth the price?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 7:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The concept seems like it would be pretty worthwhile for a place that can't accommodate a real ring, though it seems a little pricey for what you get (just the ropes with no actual posts to put them on). Having actual ropes to work in is very useful for practicing real ring generalship much more so than simply chalking off a space to work within. The ropes are almost certainly going to provide no kind of actual support for backing up against, but having an actual physical boundary that isn't a wall is still going to be pretty useful I think.

edit: I'd suggest rather than forking out the money for this nonsense, just get some regular old ropes or elastic bands or whatever and make your own "portable ring".
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 10:56pm

Style: Hung Kuen, Jook Lum SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    149.00 isn't alot of money and it's a;lready made for you, unless you dont have the free standing baggs...then you can jerry rig something similar. I was going to take old wheels, and fill them with cement, and place a pole into them , but I like these better, and they wont look as crappy.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 8:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont think free standing bags would be very good for this as they fall over really easily.