Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 7:57am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    So, I can go BWAHAHAHAHAHA! when Jones' mystique is destroyed by O'brien.
    How do you see this one unfolding, Wolf?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 9:35am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    How do you see this one unfolding, Wolf?
    I think it'll start with Jones trying to stand with Jake and use his reach advantage. He'll throw a variety of strikes. I see leg and head kicks, spinning back kicks, jabs, crosses, hooks, elbows. I think Jake will then use his size to get inside the reach and start picking him apart with his superior boxing. Once he has Jones back on his heals covering up I think Jake will be able to shoot in and take him down with a double leg. From there he'll easily pass Jones' guard and start laying in GnP. From there he'll either pound out Jones or Jones will give up his back and get choked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 10:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From there he'll easily pass Jones' guard and start laying in GnP. From there he'll either pound out Jones or Jones will give up his back and get choked.
    Sounds like you have reason to believe O'Brien has a big advantage over Jones on the ground. Best of luck to your friend and I'll looking for them on mma-core dot com if they don't air it on PPV.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 11:26am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like you have reason to believe O'Brien has a big advantage over Jones on the ground. Best of luck to your friend and I'll looking for them on mma-core dot com if they don't air it on PPV.
    I do. Jake is close to if not at Purple Belt level BJJ. He's comfortable off his back, which is something I doubt Jones is. Jakes top game is great. He'll be bigger and stronger than Jones, so I don't see Jones being able to do anything if it goes to the ground.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 1:09pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Called for Mir over Nog before, will call for him again this time.

Somebody has to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 1:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do. Jake is close to if not at Purple Belt level BJJ. He's comfortable off his back, which is something I doubt Jones is. Jakes top game is great. He'll be bigger and stronger than Jones, so I don't see Jones being able to do anything if it goes to the ground.
    Stephen Bonnar has decent BJJ skills, but Jones was able to defend against the takedowns and land in side control. I know Jones is still a very young fighter with raw talent, but wouldn't his wrestling experience be a strength?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 1:40pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stephen Bonnar has decent BJJ skills, but Jones was able to defend against the takedowns and land in side control. I know Jones is still a very young fighter with raw talent, but wouldn't his wrestling experience be a strength?
    It would, except that i believe O'brien is the better wrestler. Jones is a Juco Champ, but O'Brien is a former Division 1 wrestler (in the big ten which is a solid wrestling conference) and a 3 time Indiana State Champ. As for Jones saying he's training with the guys at Cornell which are better than Jake, when Jake wrestled at Purdue he beat the guy from Cornell in his weight class.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 1:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD - FMA - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a sense that GSP is somewhat afraid of Alves, but Alves isn't at all afraid of GSP.

If Alves throws caution to the wind, he'll find himself on his back demoralized with GSP in side control making ground beef of his face.

And look ... if GSP wants to take it to the ground, he'll take it to the ground.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick & Submit View Post
    There's a sense that GSP is somewhat afraid of Alves, but Alves isn't at all afraid of GSP.
    According to whom?
    Frankly I think the whole "this is GSP's biggest test" is nonsense.
    Alves is good but GSP has already beaten better fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick & Submit View Post
    If Alves throws caution to the wind, he'll find himself on his back demoralized with GSP in side control making ground beef of his face.

And look ... if GSP wants to take it to the ground, he'll take it to the ground.
    I agree that GSP has all the tools needed to win. He should be a heavy, heavy favorite.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 2:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would, except that i believe O'brien is the better wrestler. Jones is a Juco Champ, but O'Brien is a former Division 1 wrestler (in the big ten which is a solid wrestling conference) and a 3 time Indiana State Champ. As for Jones saying he's training with the guys at Cornell which are better than Jake, when Jake wrestled at Purdue he beat the guy from Cornell in his weight class.
    Wolf, I checked out an MMA betting site and they have Jones favoured heavily and predict a 2nd round TKO. Should I take up gambling and cheer for Jake, too?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast