Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo,TKD for funzies

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Yahoo!Sports

The greatest beneficiary of each Lesnar snarl, however, lives in Stary Oskol, Russia, a man named Fedor Emelianenko who is considered the No. 1 heavyweight (if not pound-for-pound fighter) in the world. If anyone has the knockout power to stop the 6-3, 265-pound Lesnar, it’s Emelianenko.

Fedor doesn’t fight in the UFC though. He’s with its rival promotion, Affliction. He’ll fight Aug. 1 in Anaheim, Calif., in what is the last match of his contract. Affliction is hoping to re-sign him until 2012, but the UFC will come hard after him. More now then ever. And that means money, big money.

“Eventually Fedor is going to be here,” White said. “I want Fedor. We’ll end up getting that deal done and then we’ll do Brock vs. Fedor and we’ll do a huge fight.”

Time will tell, but the pressure to sign the elusive Russian has been ratcheted up. A villain was born and there isn’t an obvious superhero in sight. The UFC brought Brock Lesnar over from the WWE for just this kind of a sensation. And the big man has delivered – the good, the bad and the embarrassing.
    Only Dana White has no scriptwriters that can contain him.
    Get ready.

EDIT: Here's a link to the full story.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
    I think it's worth a read, it mentions Dana having a talk with Brock after event, Brock apologizing, and drinking a Bud Light at the press conference.
    Last edited by Kilbourn; 7/12/2009 3:37pm at .

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 3:16pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found the two bloody fights.

Danzig (Vegaterians still bleed A LOT) v Miller:
    http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Mac_...005566&tid=100

Bonnar (XTreme Gogoplatas!!) v Coleman (cut your face!):
    http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Step...005564&tid=100

If I ever need to dye my curtains red, I'm calling those guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 7:16pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the post fight Brock said that he saw some tweetie birds after the knee though, so if someone was able to land a series of powerful strikes, he might go down. I just see striking as a better option for neutralizing him then trying to outgrapple the hulk.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 9:25pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After the fights were over we kept the PPV channel on. They faded to black but you could still hear the Rogan and Goldburg talking. I swear to god, Rogan said that someone (we were assuming brock) was just doing his act to intimidate future opponents. At that point Goldburg said something that sounded like "I can't believe we have to watch that douche fight again."

Did anyone else hear that?
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 11:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin View Post
    hit him with your groin!

yeah...what was that all about??? at least i'm not the only one who heard it.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:39am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off View Post
    That's true, but we saw Lesnar take a full-force flying knee to the face from Mir without flinching last night. Gonzaga is undoubtedly very powerful, but I think Carwin's chin will give in before Lesnar's does.
    I don't know if it was from the first knee, or the flying knee, but to paraphrase Joe Rogan, Brock got ROCKED by something. He did a lot more than flinch. After the flying knee, Brock did absolutely nothing for a full 25 seconds while he laid on top of Mir and cleared out the cobwebs.

Someone who can stuff the takedowns and deliver some power to Brock's dome will stop him.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:59am

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jesu christo View Post
    yeah...what was that all about??? at least i'm not the only one who heard it.
    That's Greg Jackson needing to work on how he chooses to word phrases of encouragement... or just being gay for GSP, and fully believing the massive french-canadian cock was big enough to KO Thiago Alves all the way to West Hollywood.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 10:40am

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0iZ...eature=related Why brock will lose to fedor, size doesnt matter. Now choi is no lesnar but then again lesnar is no fedor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 10:55am

Style: Beginners Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscodog View Post
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0iZcLIrTQ&feature=related Why brock will lose to fedor, size doesnt matter. Now choi is no lesnar but then again lesnar is no fedor.
    I really don't think Fedor's fight with Choi in any way vetted him for a fight against Lesnar. They both may be monstrous freaks, but Lesnar is a monstrous freak who can really wrestle. Being stuck under him is in no way comparable to what happened with Choi. That said, I hope the UFC signs Fedor so he can KTFO Lesnar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 11:01am

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but lesnar is no where near chois size, and imo fedor can handle lesnar on the ground. So when/if Fedor fights Lesnar, its a smaller opponent with a better skill set then choi but still not close to fedors skills. Choi dwarves Lesnar, a foot taller and well over 300 lbs.