Page 12 of 17 First ... 28910111213141516 ... Last
  1. #111

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,587
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    We need Fedor to pound Lesnar into a pulp.
    That fight left a sour taste in my mouth.I was wondering how would Fedor do against him.I would hate to see Brock wining on sheer size alone.

    I would like to see him fight a dangerous striker first.I have a feeling that he would crumble if he takes a good shot, a la Bob Sap.

  2. #112
    NuclearFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    120
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I know is that Bisping's head was a basketball after that Hendo "Im-knocking-you-the-****-out" technique.

    It fucking BOUNCED! HARD!

  3. #113
    G-Off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,329
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Lyoto on GSP's striking


  4. #114

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
    Posts
    790
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This might sound ridiculous, but I find myself intrigued at the thought of Machida vs Lesnar. Machida finishing with a KO victory via crane style snap kick. But honestly I really think Machida is badass enough for it.

  5. #115

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,580
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbydeth View Post
    This might sound ridiculous, but I find myself intrigued at the thought of Machida vs Lesnar. Machida finishing with a KO victory via crane style snap kick. But honestly I really think Machida is badass enough for it.
    It is not so crazy when you consider the strength of the light heavyweight competition that Machida has dominated but that weight difference is extreme. And Lesnar is improving....

    Personally, I would not want to see Machida devoting time to trying to take out a giant, when their is still a lot of great match-ups out there in light heavyweight. On a general note, I would rather see the UFC strengthen a weightclass then arrange match-ups between weight classes.

    I think the threat to Lesnar will come from world-class amateur wrestlers that are true heavyweights, and start seeing the size of the purses for competing in UFC.

  6. #116

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Scotland/Philippines
    Posts
    741
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo23 View Post
    Lesnar's still got 10 pounds on Carwin at least. They're going to need someone bigger. While I thought it was BS that fans booed Lesnar, the UFC needs another weight division. He's just too fucking big. Honestly, I don't know what exactly Mir was supposed to do in that fight.
    Doesn't Carwin walk at 275 and wear bigger gloves than Lesnar? How much does Brock weigh anyway?

  7. #117
    G-Off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,329
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx View Post
    Doesn't Carwin walk at 275 and wear bigger gloves than Lesnar? How much does Brock weigh anyway?
    The difference maker will be in the chin, it doesn't matter what Carwin weights (although I do believe his gloves are a size bigger than Lesnar's). Lesnar has a head of granite, Carwin has a decent chin but was rocked by Gonzaga.

  8. #118

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Scotland/Philippines
    Posts
    741
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off View Post
    The difference maker will be in the chin, it doesn't matter what Carwin weights (although I do believe his gloves are a size bigger than Lesnar's). Lesnar has a head of granite, Carwin has a decent chin but was rocked by Gonzaga.
    Good point. Gonzaga is one powerful striker though compared to any of Lesnar's opponents. (veering dangerously close to MMAth here, I know)

  9. #119
    marcusdbrutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Posts
    1,552
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    I think the threat to Lesnar will come from world-class amateur wrestlers that are true heavyweights, and start seeing the size of the purses for competing in UFC.
    Imagine if Aleksander Karelin fought in the UFC at his prime.

    *wet dreams*

  10. #120
    G-Off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,329
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx View Post
    Good point. Gonzaga is one powerful striker though compared to any of Lesnar's opponents. (veering dangerously close to MMAth here, I know)
    That's true, but we saw Lesnar take a full-force flying knee to the face from Mir without flinching last night. Gonzaga is undoubtedly very powerful, but I think Carwin's chin will give in before Lesnar's does.

Page 12 of 17 First ... 28910111213141516 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO