223838 Bullies, 3646 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 10:25pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Ultimate Fighter US vs. UK - 06/17/2009 Episode Discussion

Will Frank lose more teeth? Will Henderson's chin break off and stab someone?

For answers to this and other questions...

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 10:29pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankie needs to listen better next time. And Demarques continues to piss me off by being an insufferable douche who constantly changes his opinions to maximize the drama of a situation, but also an awesome fighter.

Also, Ross Pearson is exactly what I imagine when I think of fighters from the UK. He makes me happy, I hope he wins.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wilks or whatever his name looked to have pretty damn crisp standup. **** ton faster than his opponent. He might have been able to finish earlier but I think he was smart to be cautious, NoTeeth has good power and threw well from the break aways too. Of course that was really the only time he threw well.

Who is Wilks a bjj blackbelt under?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:20pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Wilks or whatever his name looked to have pretty damn crisp standup. **** ton faster than his opponent. He might have been able to finish earlier but I think he was smart to be cautious, NoTeeth has good power and threw well from the break aways too. Of course that was really the only time he threw well.

Who is Wilks a bjj blackbelt under?
    His Myspace page is out of date, but it says he got his brownbelt from Rani Yahya, so I'm guessing that's where he got his black. I think he also trains with Erik Paulson.

I was pretty impressed with his standup last night's as well - nice use of technique to shut down Lester's brawling style.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 2:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope Pearson wins, and that Demarques can pull it out to have the U.S. win the contract instead of all brit's.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 2:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: SanDa, MT, Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I'm off, but I wasn't impressed with Wilkes last night. I was more impressed with him during their first fight. I think he's the better fighter, but not based on this last match. I mean, he was fighting a dude who was in his third match in the same number of weeks. Lester looked like he should've been going to the hospital rather than the octagon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:07am

Style: Boxing, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wilkes always looked good when he was throwing punches or kicks, but his head was straight up and he'd throw punches with his hands down and not bring them up. With his style/skill/health advantage he should have never been touched in either fight. He's asking to get nailed with someone who's faster and more accurate than Lester.

Too bad he can't get a takedown either since he's supposed to be such a stone cold badass on the ground.