Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 8:23pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by White Kimbo View Post
    sonofashit, i talked at length with matt about how and why he was the rank he was.

good find, at least he has 0 cred, even in martial talk/map.

And I'm the who reached out to him because I know how bad leg braces suck, I've worn them...as did the poster that made that post. sonofashit sounds about right.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 8:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikaranista View Post
    And I'm the who reached out to him because I know how bad leg braces suck, I've worn them...as did the poster that made that post. sonofashit sounds about right.
    A quick question for the TKD people, just as a matter of interest...

Would it actually be possible to meet the necessary requirements for a 3rd Dan in (legit, non-McTKD) TKD should a person suffer from leg problems to the extent of those claimed by Morton?

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 8:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes it is. when i was in ITF, my last instructor, bob cunningham (obm) was a korean war vet who was in his early 70s. he had gone through a heart surgery and had an atrocious right knee from decades of abuse and "toughing it out". he couldn't kick above his own waist and his flexibility was nil. however, he was outstanding at coaching sparring and forms. he always made sure to have a shodan in class to give finer point instruction on spin kicks and what not. he could talk us through them, but couldn't demonstrate.

he could, however, demonstrate good hand techniques. his boxing training from military days showed through with this.

because of his good coaching and high performance of his students at testing, he achieved third degree after he was unable to demonstrate many techniques himself.

but, this is big. HE WAS ALREADY A NIDAN AND REPUTABLE COACH BEFORE HE WAS HANDI-CAPABLED!!!!!!!!!!!
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 9:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Se-Jong TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    A quick question for the TKD people, just as a matter of interest...

Would it actually be possible to meet the necessary requirements for a 3rd Dan in (legit, non-McTKD) TKD should a person suffer from leg problems to the extent of those claimed by Morton?
    TKD is so fragmented that it's nearly impossible to give you a simple answer. The organization I belong to will give people some allowances for age and/or injury; however, you still have to be able to do the techniques.

As long as you stay active (attend classes), they won't strip you of your rank--even if your injury prevents you from doing all the techniques.

However, if his last known rank was 1st gup there's no way he'd be 3rd dan in only a year or two.

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 9:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kanegs View Post
    TKD is so fragmented that it's nearly impossible to give you a simple answer. The organization I belong to will give people some allowances for age and/or injury; however, you still have to be able to do the techniques.

As long as you stay active (attend classes), they won't strip you of your rank--even if your injury prevents you from doing all the techniques.

However, if his last known rank was 1st gup there's no way he'd be 3rd dan in only a year or two.
    ^^^this^^^

if he said he got his shodan, i wouldn't blink. it's impossible for him to be anything else at this point.
    --------

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 9:37pm

Style: Christopher Hitchens-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the crazy pathetic saga continues...
    he must like all the attention he's getting.
    i just hope he's not teaching.

and why are you guys keep saying 'shodan'? shouldn't it be 'CHODAN', as it's TKD?

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 9:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^this^^^

if he said he got his shodan, i wouldn't blink. it's impossible for him to be anything else at this point.
    Agreed. The Kukkiwon (org that gives rank in WTF) even has a minimum time schedule posted on their Web site. http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/viewfront/...egulations.jsp According to this site, it is a minimum of 1yr to go from 1st to 2nd Dan and a minimum of 2 years to go from 2nd to 3rd. No way Morton could have gotten a 3rd Dan even under this rather hasty promotion schema.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 9:41pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, what is this guy's problem? He can't just take the time to earn his rank like the rest of us? This sickens me to no end, but I am going to do what's right and actually earn my rank in judo in a legit fashion, and not let this hold me back.

I don't know a thing about what org he is claiming 3rd dan in TKD from, but it sounds fishy, as I clearly remember him only being around purple belt in TKD by the time I left the Moo Sul Kwan back in early 2008.

It took me a good 6 and a half years just to make it to red belt (right before 1st dan), so in order for him to have gotten this in a legit fashion, he would at least have to have been in TKD for that long. I doubt it.

Anyways, white_kimbo, see what you can dig up about the place he got this 3rd dan in TKD from. I would like to see how far this hole will lead us...

Sincerely,

ZoA.
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 9:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    --------

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 9:56pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sandan? Why stop there? Get your Rokudan, or even make your own rank of UBER-DAN!!!!:jerkit2yf
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.