Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    7/11/2009 4:29am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoSensei View Post
    I think it has already been established that he got his 2nd dan from me -- by copying and altering my certificate of promotion from the Kodokan which I had placed online. I have not been contacted by Mr. Morton with an apology or explanation, so I will request an ethics investigation by the USJA to see what action should be taken.
    Not to derail.... but due to all of this Mark Hunter is thinking about running for the Board of directors for USJA. He will need lots of support...

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/11/2009 9:05am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Most of us don't.

Welcome to Dsimon's world, he gives people the benefit of the doubt regardless of the situation. It is in his nature not a bad thing with a group of pessimists. He is speaking for himself so, don't sweat it.
    I suppose he could theoretically be making stuff up, but I don't see any reason to doubt him. He hasn't made any strong statements that could serve a pro or anti Morton agenda, and the rest of it is just details of their organization that could be easily falsified by other sources if they were inaccurate.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:17am

Style: boxing, gjj

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure most people who know or meet Matt say he is a great guy. Conmen are like that; everytime you hear of one getting busted, those who know him always says the same thing, "He was such a great guy. He was generous, friendly, and always smiling".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 8:11am

Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I'm sure most people who know or meet Matt say he is a great guy. Conmen are like that; everytime you hear of one getting busted, those who know him always says the same thing, "He was such a great guy. He was generous, friendly, and always smiling".
    Most people wouldn't continue to follow a compulsive liar if he was a complete prick :)

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Many pathological liars are simply folks who want everyone to like then. They are "super nice" in person, and full of stories that'll make you sigh, "Say baby, that fella is tops!!!" after meeting them.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 1:46pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Yeah, if everything he says is true.

That's a pretty big assumption though, and I thought we didn't make those around here?
    Grow up.

Politeness and being cordial have no connection to critical thinking. Runiboy owes you, this site, me absolutely nothing and when you piss someone off you will be reminded of that.

I don't do that. I do not have to prove I am an asshole by assuming the worse in people...everyone already knows i am an asshole... why prove it? The world does not revolve around your distrust. People are not sitting and waiting for an opportunity to put one over on you, they do have better things to do.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 1:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dsimon, if we're no longer giving Mr. Morton the benefit of the doubt, then it's not fair to give it to anyone else.

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 1:59pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Most of us don't.

Welcome to Dsimon's world, he gives people the benefit of the doubt regardless of the situation. It is in his nature not a bad thing with a group of pessimists. He is speaking for himself so, don't sweat it.
    Well put cosign 100%.

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:02pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Dsimon, if we're no longer giving Mr. Morton the benefit of the doubt, then it's not fair to give it to anyone else.
    Runiboy seems to be speaking candidly.... If there is a reason to subject his statements of credability to a measure, so be it. Thus far imo there isn't... unless I am missing something? wouldn't be the first time.

But Fake is correct I tend to balance out with my desire to give the benefitt of the doubt... 'when a person violates that like MMorton did I acknowledge it.

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Many pathological liars are simply folks who want everyone to like then. They are "super nice" in person, and full of stories that'll make you sigh, "Say baby, that fella is tops!!!" after meeting them.
    This is true and... though it might be off the subject, if one were to look for motivations, sociopaths are quite a group! they have been studied since psychology was a science and people wanted to know why. Why did Jack the Ripper so that !? (Psychopath).

Sociopaths want to be liked... but probably not for the same reason you or I want to be liked... A sociopath knows that being liked is a way to control other people. The cautionary note here is that to say that someone who is acting compulsively sociopathic (lying compulsively to manipulate credability) just to be liked... while it is true is a little misleading. Yes they want to be liked so they can get what they want.

For example, I like to make girls laugh and I might even imagine for a moment that a very pretty girl has an interest in me because of this.... The fact that I am married to a women I love makes this a fantasy and that is the end of it in my motivations and actions. I don't make the girls laugh because I realize that I can then get them to like me, take their pants off for me and give me sex. This is how a sociopath thinks.