Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 6:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snwbrdngpoo View Post
    I think that Morton feels that if he just leaves this behind him, it'll be dropped and everyone will forget.

Is there a way we can maybe take this to the next level or something? Maybe start pushing certain people who have been wronged (i.e. the owners of the two diplomas that were plagiarized by Morton) and try to convince them to pursue legal ramifications?
    I don't think that's necessary. People may not forget, but Google will not:

Mathew Morton - Google Search

This is all that's really important.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 8:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed earlier that the thread is spellied "M-A-T-H-E-W ..." Can we get it changed to "M-A-T-T-H-E-W"? This will help Google zero in on this thread, and keep Morton on his toes for a good long time.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 10:25pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe you just gave him a cunning out!

"Oh, Matthew N. Morton, Judo-shyster and general lowlife (allegedly)? No, I'm Mathew M. Morton, Vet, Judoka and all l round nice guy, who accidentaly got a BJJ Black Belt by mistake accidentally. What are odds of that. Huh. OK, can I have my instructor, military and black belt badges now please?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 12:35am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Wait... Neil, you're a member? This is getting too priceless for words.

Very nice to meet the man whose hard work gave Matt his shodan. That was pretty nice of you.
    Yeah, I'm a member but I actually don't like this place so you don't see me here much. Do you know how long it took me just to read through this one topic? I really don't care about his military service -- that belongs on another site.

And Matt, if you're reading this, please give me a visit when you are ready and I will give you your next judo promotion exam.

Neil

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 12:51am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alright, so i was looking at matt's pictures and something kept bugging me. i couldn't put my finger on it, until i started looking at pictures from my old tkd schools.

while i had numerous phone convos with matt, he stated repeatedly, "why would i fake a judo black belt? i could fake a HKD black belt much easier because my dad is a 6th dan, and it would be totally believeable that he gave me a legit HKD dan rank."

he said it so much that it made me wonder why he wasn't an HKD black belt. he claimed to me that he was a first gup in HKD. when i asked he said, "i didn't want people thinking that i got my black belt through nepotism. so i went for my dan ranks in a different style."

now, when i was in TKD schools, we had black belts from other styles, and they were free to wear their ranks that they earned. they were considered first gup in TKD and working on a faster track to their TKD dan ranks. the pictures from some of these students is what sparked it for me.

now then, my question is, why is his HKD uniform showing HKD dan ranks? i mean, you could say that its indicitive of his judo ranks, but the red stripes on the sleeve is an KSW method of rank display, not judo. i have never seen a KMA school that would allow you to show your other style's dan rank in the same way as the schools dan rank display.

so matt, you have a dan ranks in HKD, why was that not good enough? it makes you more than qualified to be an instructor in KSW. you've cross trained in judo, which is cool. cross training is always good, but why inflate one rank and downplay another?
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "i didn't want people thinking that i got my black belt through nepotism"

This may explain the whole sorry episode. Dad gives him rank he doesn't deserve and he feels subconsciously inadequate. He seeks rank outside his dad's art, but can stop the initial bad habit of taking rank he is not entitled to.

Good work BTW. Can you post the info in the main thread?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 1:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i thought this was the main thread.

NOOB!!!!!
    --------

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 2:07am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure if this is still relevant, but if you guys were looking for ways to check into his military claims, then there's a directory of sites here that'll help you: http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/li...rification.htm

And one of the biggest reasons I respect my grandfather is because he served in the Navy during the Korean War, and proudly admits when asked about what he did that he was a shipworker who never so much as got off the boat, rather than talk about how he killed 10,000 commies with his toothbrush in that one battle...

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 2:13am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my grandfather was in WW2. his favorite story to tell is about how he broke his leg and was in the hospital when his boat left port and he had to get on the next one.

the boat he was supposed to be on got kamakazied and most of the sailors on it died.

yep, my grand's favorite story about ww2 is that he lived to talk about it. funny how real war vets feel that way isn't it?
    --------

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 4:22am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysol View Post
    Not sure if this is still relevant, but if you guys were looking for ways to check into his military claims, then there's a directory of sites here that'll help you: http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/li...rification.htm
    Ah yes thanks, we know this site very well. They have helped us out tremendously in the past and present. We have a member that posts here on bullshido when we need help.