Page 52 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152 5354555662102 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 9:08am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How does his exit date from the military compare with the Scott O'grady incident?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 9:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so is someone going to call him out?

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Mrkonjić Grad incident took place on June the 2nd, 1995. According to his DD-214, Morton was discharged in 1997. It is worth noting that, also according to Morton's DD-214, Morton was an artileryman and it is not clear why he would have been on the Kearsarge when the rescue took place.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 9:53am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was giving him the benefit of the doubt until the rest of this **** came out. I gave him a heads up on MT via PM just to have him come in and answer any questions that were asked and then this **** storm brewed up. I wish I would have gotten all of his images from his MT before he took it down, because he had USMC "Rank Warrants" showing him as a Sergeant E5, as well as a USJA National Referee Cert, a USJA Kata Cert, and a slew of others.

And Artillery would NEVER have anything to do with a downed pilot rescue unless he was an 0311 first and then changed his MOS to Artillery after that incident.

Matt,

Just come clean man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 10:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing,wrestling,bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysol View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morton

I have myself with pics of me in uniform on the U.S.S. Kearsarge with the shot up helicopter.
    +
    We, my unit, had already been brought ashore from the U.S.S. Saipan
    =
    ???

When the dual helicopter collision happened I was on Onslow Beach already.
    +
    Anyone here survive a helicopter crash besides me? Was anyone else on this board part of Operation Purple Star when 2 helicopters collided?
    =
    ????

I basically summed up what confuses me about his service stories. BTW, reading this thread took me almost an hour last night.
    Seperate incidences. USS Kearsage was the ship that the rescue force for CPT O'Grady was launched off of and that he was brought back to. Not sure what "shot up helicopter" he's referring to however since there was only one shoulder fired SAM launched at any of the rescue helicopters and that missed. There was, to my knowledge, no reports of small arms fire being directed at anyone in the rescue force.

The USS Saipan was part of Operation Purple Star that he keeps referring too, which was a joint training operation between the Brits and Americans off the coast of North Carolina in 1996. Interestingly, Purple Star was how the Brits referred to it and Royal Dragon is what we called it. I wonder why, him being a US Marine, he would call it by the British operational name? That, however, is not the biggest question I have regarding the above statements. He says that he and his unit were brought ashore from the USS Saipan and that they were already on Onslow Beach when the collision happened but then goes on to ask if anyone else on this board had ever survived a helicopter crash, implying he was on one of the birds that went down. So which is it, was he on shore and then swam back out to help the victims or was in one of the helicopters that went down?

There are numerous problems with the guy's story from a military POV. First, he implies that he was part of the "boots on the ground" rescue effort of Scott O'Grady. That honor, however, belongs (as has previously been stated) to the 24th MEU (Special Operations Capable). As far as I can see, the SOC component of the 24th MEU was not a part of the Royal Dragon/Purple Star operation or any peacekeeping functions in Haiti, which is where he sustained a significant portion of his "combat injuries" according to him. This all leads me to believe that he is A.) lying about being a part of one of the operations or B.) overexaggerating his role in each of the operations (which, based on what we've seen thus far, is the more likely of the scenarios in my opinion).

On a side note, from one professional soldier to a former professional soldier, Mr. Morton, please stop using your military experiences (whether fabricated or not) as an excuse for your irrational and deceptive behavior. It is behavior like this that only propagates the myth that the military negatively affects the psyche of those who serve. I will keep my personal opinion of how your behavior reflects on you individually to myself, but for the rest of us who have served or continue to serve, please stop making us look bad.

Sorry this post is so long.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 10:04am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A little background info -- a Marine Expeditionary Unit is almost regimental in size, approximately 2,200 men. The MEU's ground combat element also combines artillery, light armor, and tanks.

It is entirely possible that Morton was in the 24th MEU and on the Kearsarge, without his full records we can't tell. But the likelihood that an artilleryman was a member of one of the rifle team(s) that were on the helo's is pretty small.

Little bit of truth, stretched till it breaks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 10:07am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post

And Artillery would NEVER have anything to do with a downed pilot rescue unless he was an 0311 first and then changed his MOS to Artillery after that incident.
    Which is not possible as his 214 shows 3 years and 4 months as an artilleryman.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 10:08am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just an aside... ever notice you NEVER meet a grunt? EVERYONE was a Green Beret, or a SEAL, etc......

I was a grunt.....

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 10:29am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by joecos View Post
    A little background info -- a Marine Expeditionary Unit is almost regimental in size, approximately 2,200 men. The MEU's ground combat element also combines artillery, light armor, and tanks.

It is entirely possible that Morton was in the 24th MEU and on the Kearsarge, without his full records we can't tell. But the likelihood that an artilleryman was a member of one of the rifle team(s) that were on the helo's is pretty small.

Little bit of truth, stretched till it breaks.
    When he first floated the story this is exactly what I thought.

If you carefully dissect his posts, he never says he was actually part of the rescue. That was when I knew, we were going to get some interesting twist in his service.

I didn't want to ruin your guys work by having him clam up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysol
    I have myself with pics of me in uniform on the U.S.S. Kearsarge with the shot up helicopter.
    +
    We, my unit, had already been brought ashore from the U.S.S. Saipan
    =
    ???

When the dual helicopter collision happened I was on Onslow Beach already.
    +
    Anyone here survive a helicopter crash besides me? Was anyone else on this board part of Operation Purple Star when 2 helicopters collided?
    =
    ????
    Notice, he never says I rescued the guy.

His unit, He was on the ship that had the shot up helicopter, He survived a helicopter crash.

None of these statements directly involve him in the actual operation. He even separates his helicopter crash from Operation Purple Star.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Just an aside... ever notice you NEVER meet a grunt? EVERYONE was a Green Beret, or a SEAL, etc......

I was a grunt.....
    Ever notice that when you do meet a specops person they down play it and are super modest about it all.....

Also, i called cpl. John c monroe yesterday. He served in recon from 99-01. He knew some of the guys who were involved in that rescue. He said it would be very unlikely that a cannon jockey would be in meu unless he changed mos.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.