Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really. I would like to know more about his judo history.

However, lets remember that Ron Tripp entered the midwest ladder Shiai as a white belt. He kicked everyones ass there that day, and batsuguned himself to Shodan.

Still, one could regester as a nidan with a group based on paperwork. I do NOT believe he did that; I am saying that with the level of suspicion there is now, we are going to need more information.

However, if he was kicking ass and taking names in Marine and Pan - Am events, it is not unreasonable for him to be Nidan with no other skills but butt kicking at Shiai.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 9:33pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Is it possible that he was kicked out of some organization or organizations he held legit rank in at one time, and faked his way back into business?
    It wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Although, with the stricter oversight of arts like Judo, it would surprise me somewhat.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 11:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and batsuguned himself to Shodan.
    He what?

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 1:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Batsugun is Japanese for "kick so much ass they have give you a black belt".

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose we'll have to wait until he decides to come back on.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 5:49pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt's rankings in various martial arts as listed on Martialtalk.

About matt.m
    Primary Art and Ranking
    Judo - 2nd dan, MCMAP - 2nd Dan, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu - 1st Dan, Hapkido - Red, Tae Kwon Do - Brown
    Interests
    Scottish Bastard Sword, Full Tang. Shaini, K-bar defense and aggression techniques.
    Arts
    2nd dan judo, 2nd dan mcmap, 1st dan bjj, Red belt hapkido, Brown belt tae kwon do
    Training
    Former member of USMC Judo and Wrestling teams
    Organizations
    Moo Sul Kwan, A.M.A.S.E.A.
    Cultural Systems
    American Martial Arts, European Martial Arts, Japanese Martial Arts, Korean Martial Arts, Western Martial Arts
    Systems Studied / Interested
    BJJ / MMA / Grappling / Wrestling, Escrima, Hapkido, Judo, Tae Kwon Do
    Signature
    Former Member of All Marine Corps Judo and Wrestling teams

Can a civilian be ranked in MCMAP, or would that just be an honorary thing ?

No mention of the 2nd dan in Yudo.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 9:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post

Can a civilian be ranked in MCMAP, or would that just be an honorary thing ?

He's a former Marine, but I think he was separated from service before MCMAP came into existence. I think they were still using LINE and you need to be an E-6(Staff Sgt or SSGT) or E-7(Gunnery Sgt) to be a 2nd Degree BB in MCMAP.

Any of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children currently serving able to clarify?

EDIT: I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source for info, but what I got from there is that the 2nd Degree can be had as an E-5 SGT. As for MCMAP, it was implemented in Summer of 2000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MCMAP
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 6/20/2009 9:46pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 10:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it is an honorary thing. Since being a L.I.N.E. training instructor at the company level and having done all the MODs some currently enlisted Marines helped me nail down the cirriculum. And yes, you have to be at least a Sgt. and have 300 hours I believe. By the way, I left the Marine Corps before MCMAP, that is true. From what I understand of MCMAP it is all about the hours you have clocked.

Hey congratulations on the witch hunt over me being lied too. Thanks all. I am embarrassed enough to have been lied too and broadcast. I appreciate you finding that. However, I will answer no more probing questions about my background. Enough is enough.

Whenever you guys do something as important as serve and go to places such as Haiti, Bosnia, Albania......be in a center of a book as I was....."Return With Honor: The Scott O'Grady story", have the discovery channel do a bit on something you were a part of then fine. Until then, whatever. Anyone here survive a helicopter crash besides me? Was anyone else on this board part of Operation Purple Star when 2 helicopters collided? Did you go into the Atlantic and pull dead people out? I am done with this.

That is all.
    Last edited by matt.m; 6/20/2009 11:08pm at .

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 10:56pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does this mean you are going to tell us the full name of the person who handed you the Gracie certificate, and how that Roger Gracie Black Belt certificate ended up in your possession. Did Roger give it to you in person?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 11:07pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.m View Post
    Thanks all. I am embarrassed enough to have been lied too and broadcast. I appreciate you finding that. However, I will answer no more probing questions about my background. Enough is enough.

Whenever you guys do something as important as serve and go to places such as Haiti, Bosnia, Albania......be in a center of a book as I was....."Return With Honor: The Scott O'Grady story", have the discovery channel do a bit on something you were a part of then fine. Until then, whatever. Anyone here survive a helicopter crash besides me? Was anyone else on this board part of Operation Purple Star when 2 helicopters collided? Did you go into the Atlantic and pull dead people out?

That is all.
    Congrats on the service. I am sure you did great service to your country. That does not excuse potential fraud. It does not entitle you to a free pass from questions. That does not explain why the .jpg image was altered. You look very questionable and should consider clarification if you want good exposure.