Posted On:
    6/19/2009 2:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Here is the certs that I found.

The USJA confirmed some of the information on this card, as per my previous post detailing an email from Dee Dee. He is a currently registered nidan with them.
    Last edited by 1point2; 6/19/2009 2:02pm at . Reason: "some of"
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 2:12pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to try to be careful asking the following question. From Matt's own description of himself " Anyway, I love Judo because with my disabilities.....(Knee Braces, Traumatic Brain Injury, Bad Back, P.T.S.D.) I can still do judo. " taken from http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=80575&page=2 . My question is Matt states he has already qualified for 3rd Dan. Do you not need to compete for 3rd Dan?

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 2:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.m View Post
    Sure,

You guys asked and it is only fair. I have seen my fair share of "Super Ninja" or whatever. Here's the deal.....I have certificates for membership of the All Marine Judo and Wrestling Teams. I also have an old USJA/AFJA card. I was on the team from 94-97. Now, to be perfectly clear...... being on the All Marine Teams when I went into the competitions we were competiting against the other military teams. It didn't matter if it was in the U.S., Europe, Mediterranaen, Pan America, or Caribbean. I also have current membership in the USJA. No problem, I actually got off the phone not to long ago with two different people: Norm Miller, Director of Judo AAU and AnnMaria De Mars, President USJA.

I welcome anyone to come and train with me in the Saint Louis area. Recently I had Ross Scott at my school, Ireland's National Judo Champion. I took some good training pics etc. So basically yeah, I am honored actually that you guys verify people. I am glad to be one of the "Check up on" people. Since most all of my competition is from the Marine Corps, I believe you could find this info out from Quantico, VA or Camp LeJeune, NC if you wanted.

I know I am not that well known either. Consider this, I am not from St. Louis, so I am trying to build a foot hold in the area so I and my students can compete and help grow Judo. I teach a class in a pre dominate Tae Kwon Do environment and am building slowly. So, really anyone who wants to come and practice is more than welcome. Again, I am flattered, but not suprised......there is a lot of crap in the martial arts community.

I make no money off Judo, I teach in a building and only have a few students. I welcome any and all participants who want to come and train. It is a good time. Actually if anyone has some good contact information for me as pertains to Judo I would welcome it all. As I said, I am trying to grow my class and Judo itself in Moo Sul Kwan. It used to be a pretty decent prescence but not so any more. I would like to be around the other judoka of the St. Louis area for competitions, hosting Saturday Open Classes, whatever.

Actually, I am glad I am being brought to the fore front, as I am trying to get my class and I more involved in judo, so any help is appreciated. Oh by the way, not that it has a lot to do with it.....however I am a disabled combat vet......(Haiti, helped rescue Scott O'Grady-Who was the Air Force Captain shot down in Bosnia-, Albania) Anyway, I love Judo because with my disabilities.....(Knee Braces, Traumatic Brain Injury, Bad Back, P.T.S.D.) I can still do judo.

I would love to teach a judo course for the disabled. I used to be a personal trainer at the Jewish Community Center, 2002-2003, where I gave group weight training classes to the disabled to include motor, auditory, physically limited etc.

Since the phone number I gave is to Moo Sul Kwan I will give my private number as well if you all want more info about my judo program......314-609-1973 since I am only at Moo Sul Kwan for a few hours a week and that is on Thursday. E-mail or call me.
    matt.morton@sbcglobal.net

Thanks all and Semper Fi,

Matt Morton
    With all due respect for his service, due to the issues with possible forgery, I personally do not feel out of line asking for military records. This is a common occurrence on this site, and does not need to be public--you can email the DR-224 or whatever it is to a staff member, who will verify it privately without posting it. You get a [Military] tag for your profile and it goes a long way towards establishing credibility.

Good on Matt for working with the disabled, BTW.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 2:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    My question is Matt states he has already qualified for 3rd Dan. Do you not need to compete for 3rd Dan?
    If you're not physically able to compete, but can otherwise contribute to Judo, there are usually other avenues for progression (i.e. coaching, primarily).

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you mean a DD-214

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    The USJA confirmed some of the information on this card, as per my previous post detailing an email from Dee Dee. He is a currently registered nidan with them.
    FTR, I have not challenged this image.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 3:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    This is exactly right. If he had just printed it out and taken a photo of it, the modifications would have been impossible to detect using the method I used.

Remember that for next time kiddies(!)

Edit:

Physically altered, or digitially altered and then printed out.
    OK, so I did just this and this is the resulting enhanced image of the scanned hardcopy printout of Matt's original image:

As you can see, there is a faint "ghost" of the edits, but the primary feature that identifies this as a fake (noisless areas around edits) is not at all present.

Let's be perfectly clear here: If the image matt posted on his Martial Talk album were a scan of a cert that someone else faked and gave to him (as is his claim), the enhancement would look like this ^^^, and not this:

Notice also that other legit certs of this exact type do not display any of the signs of editing I mentioned, and in fact look almost exactly like the enhanced scan I posted up top (although this example is over enhanced and so has different color balance, but this is irrelevant)

Case essentially closed. At least from a forensic point of view.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 6/19/2009 3:04pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 3:34pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so we're clear on the BJJ issue, Mr. Morton claims a black belt rank in BJJ in his Judoforum signature (account : usmc judoka). In that format no typo (lol) is possible.

Former Member of All Marine Corps Judo and Wrestling teams
    Judo Black Belt
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt
    I already ran the name through onthemat.com and no results, plus his certificate looks like a fake as per War Wheel's analysis.

My good deed of the day is done. Time to watch Happy Gilmore (again).
    Last edited by kikoolol; 6/19/2009 3:37pm at .

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 3:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoolol View Post
    Just so we're clear on the BJJ issue, Mr. Morton claims a black belt rank in BJJ in his Judoforum signature (account : usmc judoka). In that format no typo (lol) is possible.

I already ran the name through onthemat.com and no results, plus his certificate looks like a fake as per War Wheel's analysis.

My good deed of the day is done. Time to watch Happy Gilmore (again).
    I eat pieces of **** like you for breakfast.

Thanks for grabbing that text before he gets rid of it.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 3:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    I eat pieces of **** like you for breakfast.

Thanks for grabbing that text before he gets rid of it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	usmcjudoka.jpg 
Views:	653 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	10185