--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if his legs are healed
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 1:52pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I wonder if his legs are healed
    Only as much as his pride.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 8:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    USJF ban is still in effect

http://www.usja-judo.org/expelled-an...ended-members/

These members of the USJA are suspended from the USJA with loss of all privileges, benefits, services, of membership until their case is fully investigated and a final determination of their status is made.

SUSPENDED PENDING INVESTIGATION
    Location(s) Name Also Known As Notes
    Florissant, MO Matthew Morton Can apply for reinstatement 9/9/2011
    Knoxville, TN Donald J. Tyrell Suspended for not cooperating with investigation
    Venice, FL Scott Evans Suspended until criminal case is resolved
    Sun Gulf Cove, FL Scott Vancises Suspended until criminal case is resolved
    Pensacola, FL Dion Rizzuto Suspended until criminal case is resolved
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 10:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that, in that past, Matt has also told a tale of woe to unsuspecting instructors in order to receive BB rank from their organization. In one case after the USJA had suspended him, he got one gentleman to award Matt a 3rd Dan in TKD. I spoke with this master personally by phone. He told me that he believed Matt & was within his right to award him that rank.

The names of the most recent folks he's connected himself to are different than the man I spoke to a few years ago. It begs the question, did Matt wear out his welcome with that man (&/or get found out). Does Matt tell a story to new people that is believable to them, or just use the names of the new person/organization without their knowledge?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2014 10:12am

Style: Hapkido.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A facebook post, made on March 22, 2010, Matt Morton claimed that he passed his 3rd degree Taekwondo black belt test. When asked who he tested under he stated that, “I tested with GM Tim Smith. He is World Chang Moo Kwan. He earned his black belt from Grandmaster Jeff Forby. Yeah, Jeff Forby.”
    http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/st...ml?sort=3&o=15

I contacted Mr. Smith and he said that Matt did not receive his black belt in Taekwondo from him. Also, that Matt said he was with USNTF (United States National Taekwondo Federation) and he hasn’t seen him since 2013 or where he went. Also, that he (Tim Smith) is not with Jeff Forby.

Also, I contacted Matt Morton under the guise of being interested in enrolling my cousin into his Adaptive Martial Arts Alliance program in Chesterfield, MO. He replied with, “I teach a program that encompasses hapkido and koryo gumdo. My ranks: 8th dan hapkido and 5th dan Koryo Gumdo are certified through Moo Do Won International. GM J.P. Wood is the president. I always give a prospective student a trial practice day.

Thank you,
    Grand Master Matt Morton
    President - Adaptive Martial Arts Alliance / Jeog - Eung Hapkido
    Director - Wangjo Hapkido - Moo Do Won International
    https://www.facebook.com/AdaptiveMartialArtsAlliance

It appears that Matt also registered with the International Combat Martial Arts Unions Association.

Matt Morton
    International Combat Korean Martial Arts Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member.
    7th Dan Korean Judo, Grand Master, Referee, Coach, Examiner.
    5th Dan Hapkido, Master Instructor, Examiner.
    5th Dan Haedong Kumdo, Master Instructor, Referee, Examiner.
    3rd Dan Tae Kwon Do, Instructor, Examiner.
    http://www.icmaua.com/IndMembersLZ.htm

This email was sent to me from Michael Makoid

To Me, Ron Treem, Steve Jimerfield, and Gregory Fernandez

Dear Members of the Board of Governors, It has been brought to my attention that one of our members may have fraudulently obtained rank and certifications from our association. Please see below.

Hanshi Treem, as per our constitution you are hereby charged to initiate investigation into these allegations. If, in your opinion after careful scrutiny of the available facts, there exists basis for these allegations, you are charged with initiating a full investigation, including contacting Mr. Morton who may provide evidence on his behalf. If these allegations prove to be true, you are required to bring the matter before the Board of Governors for review. The consequences could be the removal of Mr. Morton of the rolls of USMAA membership, stripping of any rank obtained through the association as well as rescinding all certifications authorized by the association.

Michael C. Makoid, Ph.D.
    President, United States Martial Arts Association
    Judan Katamido JuJitsu
    Kudan: Judo, Jujitsu, Tihojitsu
    Yodansha Tiagu
    Last edited by T, Mr.; 4/19/2014 10:22am at .

Posted On:
    4/29/2014 1:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has the above mentioned GM John P. Wood been contacted about Mr. Morton? If so, what was his response?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2014 6:29pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I contacted Grand Master John P Wood about Matt Morton and he replied, "I am aware of the past, But who are you? and why do you care what Matt Morton is doing?"

Also, I haven't heard anything from International Combat Martial Arts Union Association. I contacted Dr. Makoid two weeks ago about how the USMAA investigation into Matt Morton's claims and he has not replied back to my email.

I found another connection between the two schools that Matt taught at. Both owners, John P Wood and Chris Lee, are members of the World Eclectic Martial Arts Council.
    http://www.jpwoodmartialarts.com/wor...-arts-council/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2014 5:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a friend call up Yi’s Martial Arts Fitness Academy asking about the Adaptive Martial Arts Alliance that Matt runs at Wood River, IL. She talked with someone that said “Grandmaster” Matt Morton was not teaching the program anymore because of a back injury and that his doctor insisted that he quit teaching martial arts. I guess Matt found out that he was being investigated again and decided to close shop. She also asked what was monthly class and it $80. I’m now looking in the owner of Yi’s Martial Arts Fitness Academy, his name is Chris “Lee”. I don’t think his last name is actually Lee because on his own website it has “Lee” in quotations.
    http://www.ymafitness.com/chris.html
    I found a martial arts directory website that has his name as Chris DeSherlia but I now can’t get the website. The list of organizations he is a member of seems to be nothing but shopping mall karate groups.

Dr. Makoid has replied to me and said that a decision will be made during the next national USMAA meeting at the end of July.

Nothing from ICMAUA. I haven’t found anything on Jeog-Eung or Wanjo Hapkido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2014 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone know what happen with him teaching at a Grace church in the STL area? Was he kicked out or something?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2014 4:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I received this from Ron Treem on the recommendations given to the USMAA's board of governors.

"RE: Matt Morton

Allegation: Ranks have been falsified as reported by an Ethan Northwood. Mr. Northwood referred to the website Bullshido.net, where there are extensive claims that Mr. Morton’s ranks are false and that his certificates have been falsified.

Mr. Morton was contacted via phone call where he reported talking to the following teachers Tim Smith (3rddegree Tae Kwon Do), John Wood (4th dan, 5th dan hapkido), and Phil Porter. His 7th dan judo was given to him by Phil Porter. He reported that Phil’s people don’t like him because he doesn’t learn the Japanese way. He is disabled. Charles Hildebrandt is one of his past teachers. He claims to have never falsified ranks. The people that promoted him good marines died in combat. He also stated that he took 1st place in a 2009 tournament in hapkido.

On phone conversation, he never mentioned Gracie. He claims that the certificates on the website were scanned by other people. He is adamant that he is a disabled war veteran and victim of a witch hunt.

Recommendation: ranks noted above, if through USMAA, should be on a probationary 2 year period and if any other complaints are received, the ranks should be removed. The office of the secretary requests the board check the bullshido site to read about Mr. Morton and to verify the site’s accuracy.

Respectfully,

Ron Treem
    Secretary
    USMAA
    7/22/2014"

Also, does anyone know why the Bullshido article about Matt Morton is down?
    http://www.bullshido.org/Matthew_Mor...al_Arts_Claims