Page 11 of 115 First ... 7891011121314152161111 ... Last

Thread: Matthew Morton

  1. #101

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9,913
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.m View Post
    Yes,

    And that is cool. I am pissed about the Torrence cert. Damn
    Matt

    Now that it is established that the certificate is fake, to establish your story you need to provide us with the name of the person who "awarded" it to you, when this happened, and all the other details.

    Additionally you have not explained how you ended up with a certificate in BJJ.

  2. #102
    Mtripp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,277
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    Somewhat of a noob question her for Judo rankings. Is it often that a person would get ranked by the USJA and the Japanese Kodokan seven years apart for the same rank? The USJA has him Nidan in 2000 and the Kodkan has him receiving a nidan in 2007. I am not implying he is a fake at Judo, since we have proof he is legit. I am just wondering if the kodokan certificate is faked as well or if it is legit. It all could have been a troll job and we got caught up in it.
    Well, the problem is the Kodokan really doesn't issue rank. Like everyone under the IJF, the NGB of a Country certifies rank. I believe that is the All Japan Judo Federation. At one time they were in the same building as the Kodokan, still may be, its been 30 years.

    You can join the Kodokan, and producing proof from a NGB of rank, your membership card will say what your rank is.

    At one time, the Kodokan was issuing papers from them, but again, you had to show your NGB paperwork, and then pay them. I do not know if this is still the case.

    I am sorry to be so vague, its just I really don't worry about the rank thing so much.

  3. #103
    Mtripp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,277
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hope this works...

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=Mtripp

    I am a dumb wrestler....

  4. #104

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    673
    Style
    running scared
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Well, the problem is the Kodokan really doesn't issue rank. Like everyone under the IJF, the NGB of a Country certifies rank. I believe that is the All Japan Judo Federation. At one time they were in the same building as the Kodokan, still may be, its been 30 years.

    You can join the Kodokan, and producing proof from a NGB of rank, your membership card will say what your rank is.

    At one time, the Kodokan was issuing papers from them, but again, you had to show your NGB paperwork, and then pay them. I do not know if this is still the case.

    I am sorry to be so vague, its just I really don't worry about the rank thing so much.
    Understood. Thanks. I didn't think it would be something easy. Also, your link worked just fine. You are not a dumb wrestler, just technology challenged at times.

  5. #105
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Matt Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,756
    Style
    Submission Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Hope this works...

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=Mtripp

    I am a dumb wrestler....
    Original



    Enhanced



    IMO squeeky clean

    Edit: Christ, you're 12 years older than me. Major props for continuing to train. I feel creaky and old most of the time.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 6/19/2009 1:38pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

  6. #106
    Mtripp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,277
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets see how I feel Sunday night after a weekend with the young bucks....

  7. #107
    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,000
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post
    Matt

    Now that it is established that the certificate is fake, to establish your story you need to provide us with the name of the person who "awarded" it to you, when this happened, and all the other details.

    Additionally you have not explained how you ended up with a certificate in BJJ.
    From my understanding:

    The inconsistencies shown in WW's investigations show that the image has been manipulated, they wouldn't show up if the image was of a certificate that had been physically altered.

    i.e. the scan has been altered, not a physical certificate itself. Given that, the "scammed" story doesn't sound very likely to me.

  8. #108
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Matt Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,756
    Style
    Submission Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Lets see how I feel Sunday night after a weekend with the young bucks....
    Well at least your BJJ cert isn't fake...



    ...or signed by the wrong side of the family.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

  9. #109
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Matt Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,756
    Style
    Submission Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    From my understanding:

    The inconsistencies shown in WW's investigations show that the image has been manipulated, they wouldn't show up if the image was of a certificate that had been physically altered.

    i.e. the scan has been altered, not a physical certificate itself. Given that, the "scammed" story doesn't sound very likely to me.
    This is exactly right. If he had just printed it out and taken a photo of it, the modifications would have been impossible to detect using the method I used.

    Remember that for next time kiddies(!)

    Edit:
    they wouldn't show up if the image was of a certificate that had been physically altered
    Physically altered, or digitially altered and then printed out.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 6/19/2009 1:53pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Well at least your BJJ cert isn't fake...



    ...or signed by the wrong side of the family.
    Ok so compared to Tripp's certs the Judo certs look dona also....


    So my next question would be what is this guys actual rank in Judo? Why would he feel the need to forge a cert? Whats the motive here?

    I think this has been done very thoroughly, War Wheel kudos.



    To Matt:

    Why? What does it accomplish?

Page 11 of 115 First ... 7891011121314152161111 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO