225187 Bullies, 3962 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 27 of 27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. TheRuss is offline
    TheRuss's Avatar

    is badder than you

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334

    Posted On:
    6/24/2009 5:17pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMKane View Post
    And yes the tendons are painful to touch.
    You keep saying "tendons" - plural. What exactly are you referring to? Given your description of the pain as being above the knee, I had assumed you were referring to your patella tendon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
  2. han090 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    787

    Posted On:
    6/24/2009 8:28pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    You keep saying "tendons" - plural. What exactly are you referring to? Given your description of the pain as being above the knee, I had assumed you were referring to your patella tendon.
    I don't mean to be an ass, but your average poster isn't familiar with the specifics of tendon structure and number.

    Based on reading this thread alone, the solution appears to be switching to front sqauts (at the least), or just, dropping the exercise untill you have access to a sqaut rack.

    How much were you squatting?
  3. TheRuss is offline
    TheRuss's Avatar

    is badder than you

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334

    Posted On:
    6/24/2009 9:25pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by han090 View Post
    I don't mean to be an ass, but your average poster isn't familiar with the specifics of tendon structure and number.
    I'm not trying to be a pedant. If he's referring to his patella tendon, he can say "Yeah, the big one right down the middle." If he's not, then that changes everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
  4. kwoww is offline
    kwoww's Avatar

    poser

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley / Rochester
    Posts
    1,986

    Posted On:
    6/24/2009 10:20pm


     Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, I actually read somewhere about this ass-kicking complex that involved basically the same movement that FLMKane is doing, albeit presumably with better technique.

    The key word being "ass-kicking," which implies "don't even bother attempting to clean, press, squat 3x5, then press again the same weight you'd normally just squat 3x5 with."
  5. FLMKane is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    120

    Posted On:
    6/25/2009 6:15am


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww View Post
    Heh, I actually read somewhere about this ass-kicking complex that involved basically the same movement that FLMKane is doing, albeit presumably with better technique.

    The key word being "ass-kicking," which implies "don't even bother attempting to clean, press, squat 3x5, then press again the same weight you'd normally just squat 3x5 with."
    Uhhh...I dont even bother trying to load up my maximum squat weight on the bar, let alone trying to clean it up.

    I dont have anything more than a vague idea about tendon structure, but yes the big one down the middle,

    Howver I would like to emphasize that the tendon is the main problem. The DOMS is also extreme but it is more than bearable.

    Moreover I should have stated that the tendon pain tends to go away in 7-10 days. But I cant strain my legs too much for two weeks after the pain starts, or things get ugly.

    As I previously mentioned I went to a doctor. He said the because of the wierd squatting technique there were extreme strains on my legs at certain times, which caused the pain. He also mentioned that I should:

    a) use a squat rack or

    b) use dumbells to allow me to drop the weight more easily

    c) reduce workout intensity

    d) eat more protien and calcium ( I did not understand this one)
  6. han090 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    787

    Posted On:
    6/25/2009 11:18am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMKane View Post
    d) eat more protien and calcium ( I did not understand this one)
    I think it has something to do with recovery times? And possibly building strength (so you'll actually be able to lift that weight in the future)?

    But someone more knowledgable will tell you soon.
  7. TheRuss is offline
    TheRuss's Avatar

    is badder than you

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334

    Posted On:
    6/25/2009 9:13pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMKane View Post
    I dont have anything more than a vague idea about tendon structure, but yes the big one down the middle,

    Howver I would like to emphasize that the tendon is the main problem. The DOMS is also extreme but it is more than bearable.

    Moreover I should have stated that the tendon pain tends to go away in 7-10 days. But I cant strain my legs too much for two weeks after the pain starts, or things get ugly.
    Okay, this, combined with the sore-to-the-touch part, is worrying. If it were below the knee and shorter-lived, I'd think bursitis, but if it's above the knee (and long-lived), that sounds like an issue with the tendon, which is a bitch.

    Quote Originally Posted by FLMKane View Post
    As I previously mentioned I went to a doctor. He said the because of the wierd squatting technique there were extreme strains on my legs at certain times, which caused the pain. He also mentioned that I should:

    a) use a squat rack or

    b) use dumbells to allow me to drop the weight more easily

    c) reduce workout intensity

    d) eat more protien and calcium ( I did not understand this one)
    If he wasn't an expert in sports medicine, I suggest you visit someone who is. You might also want to take a break from anything that aggravates or prolongs your symptoms. Taking two weeks off from lifting won't cost you too much (you're not an Olympic athlete), but turning a nagging injury into a catastrophic one will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.