it's all vanity

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 10:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA View Post
    Imagine the flying knee from a Jordan type crossover, some of the big guys are not completely without potential.
    If Dwight Howard had done MMA instead of basketball, the heavyweight division would be in shambles. Fedor would either be ducking him or asking for a cruiserweight division at 235. The only hope would be LeBron James.

Kobe Bryant could've torn up a good portion of 205 if he wrestled from middle school and started Muay Thai when he went to college.

MMA is still a generation or two from having a talent pool wide enough for these kinds of athletic freaks to bubble to the surface.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 2:18am

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Be careful posting videos of you training in bullshido. People will watch mere minutes of you training and completely judge you on whatever mistake you were making. Oh! that guy doesn't have a perfect boxing form! he is going to get destroyed!!
    Ten years is a long time in training. The fact is that Shaq is a professional athlete and after ten years I would think that at the very least he would know to keep his right hand up when he throws a jab.

That being said I think HMC & Shaq should fight, and it should be reffed by Nicolai Valuev.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theword View Post
    Ten years is a long time in training.
    Training to fight mma? Or, training as exercise, to keep in shape for basketball?
    Quote Originally Posted by theword
    The fact is that Shaq is a professional athlete
    Basketball, although a team game, is at times an individual sport, with individual achievement a focus in training. If he decides to focus on fighting. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by theword
    and after ten years I would think that at the very least he would know to keep his right hand up when he throws a jab.
    Tell that to 90% of UFC & WEC fighters, who train exclusively for fighting.

`~/

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 5:46pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arem View Post
    I've hated Shaq ever since I realized he was even worse than me at free throws despite being a professional basketball player. I look forward to the day Choi destroys him.
    Most pro players aren't any better than average at free-throws. Shaq is worse than average, but most pro athletes just won't do the only thing that gets you a significant improvement in free-throw percentage (throw underhanded)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:12pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex View Post
    Training to fight mma? Or, training as exercise, to keep in shape for basketball?
    Honestly? Both. Sure it's a hobby for him, but how many others is it a hobby for who don't have the resources or ability he does and still manage to keep their left up?

Quote Originally Posted by Meex View Post
    Tell that to 90% of UFC & WEC fighters, who train exclusively for fighting.
    Surely it can't still be 90% who have that kind of bad boxing form anymore? In either case, it's not like he was being punched in the face by an active opponent, and sure, maybe they were working on something super specific and his form slipped in that way it does when your listening more then actively doing.

It just sounded to me like 10 years is a long time to be looking so uncomfortable throwing a jab.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 7:29am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the likelyhood of this match ever happening is directly related to how well Shaq has managed his money. Really, really rich guys do not like getting their faces demolished by gigantic Korean guys even if they get paid moderately well for the horrific beating they would receive.

I'd love to see this match-up but unless Shaq post-basketball is broke it won't ever ever happen. 10 years of dabbling in MMA for conditioning purposes (which is obviously what he's been doing in that video) is not even remotely close to training MMA. I'd be willing to bet in that 10 years no ones ever punched him full force in the face. Now of course you'd probably need to stand on a stool to really do that but you get the point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 7:35am

Style: Boxing, Beginner BJJ,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judobum View Post
    I think the likelyhood of this match ever happening is directly related to how well Shaq has managed his money. Really, really rich guys do not like getting their faces demolished by gigantic Korean guys even if they get paid moderately well for the horrific beating they would receive.

I'd love to see this match-up but unless Shaq post-basketball is broke it won't ever ever happen. 10 years of dabbling in MMA for conditioning purposes (which is obviously what he's been doing in that video) is not even remotely close to training MMA. I'd be willing to bet in that 10 years no ones ever punched him full force in the face. Now of course you'd probably need to stand on a stool to really do that but you get the point.
    I could see Shaq doing it for charity. but other than that i agree it would be silly.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 7:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nogicrappler View Post
    This better be some genius tactic to fool his opponents to think he's crappy while he's actually competent or otherwise this is real and he is fucked.

Shaq if you read this, i'll fight you if you like.
    After ive retired from my curling carreer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:03am

Style: Boxing, Beginner BJJ,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Shaq if you read this
    You're assuming Shaq can read... wow man, that takes balls!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually i dont really know who he is.
    he's like a athlete from some other sport who's tall.

we dont follow baseball/americanfootball icehockey or whatever over here.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast