...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 9:19pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Got myself some armor today...a level 3A vest

Today I visited a gun show and picked up some goodies including 500 rounds of .45 ACP (YAAAY), 2 extended magazines for my Kimber 1911, and a level 3A Spectra vest. It came with a free trauma plate (YAAAA) and a manufacturer policy where if the vest is ever damaged either in a car accident or in a felonious assault against myself that if I submit the police report they'll send me a brand new vest.

There was another table where an old man had been selling level 4 vests and what looked like PAGST helmets, but I ended up getting the Spectra 3A vest in the end thinking it was more practical for my purposes as a non-security-working private citizen. Also, I was a bit suspicious that maybe those helmets and level 4 vests had been discarded by a SWAT team and therefore might have been "old" and somewhat deteriorated.

I decided to put on the armor, a belt with a holster and some mag pouches attached, my Ruger P97DC, and my Mini 14, and see how it felt to change levels and walk around the house. I'd never done anything like that before. For the most part the armor didn't seem to really inconvienience me or encumber me very much.

There are a couple of pictures I put in my gallery here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/albu...&pictureid=190

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/albu...&pictureid=189
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 9:22pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jebus, are you rebelling against your peace corps upbringing or what?

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 9:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm compensating for the fact that Peace Corps volunteers aren't allowed to own or operate firearms.

EDIT: Although as you may have gathered some of the things I like the most are sarcasm and irony. I actually ordered a Peace Corps messenger bag which I intend to use as a range bag when I go to steel shooting events, and denim shirt which I intend to wear while shooting outdoors.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson

Posted On:
    6/15/2009 4:07am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You made a huge mistake. 3A vests are garbage. Don't even bother returning it, just go get yourself a level 4 vest and mail me the 3A vest so that I can properly dispose of it for you.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/15/2009 7:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got this mental image of zaohu wearing the vest, getting blasted, and having friends shoot him in the torso with various handguns.

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 7:39pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I got this mental image of zaohu wearing the vest, getting blasted, and having friends shoot him in the torso with various handguns.
    All 9x19mm and lesser calibers, of course. Your money would be well spent... On me...

And of course video footage would be on youtube.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝