222362 Bullies, 4504 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 5:59pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Michael submitted us this justification for rigorous belt testing, specifically for the rank of "A Real Black Belt":

Recently a colleague asked why our Blackbelt Challenges are six hours long. I pondered about how could I articulate the deeply personal experience of testing for a blackbelt with our school. How could I explain to an outsider the significance of our testing process...

The Truth also contributed his views on several martial artists in the New Jersy area, in his article The Jersey Jerk Offs

I have been following this website for a while now and see one major trend. A lot of these clowns live in my home state. New Jersey!! So I am here to set the record straight about a unique group of guys. Guys I term The Jersey Jerk offs!!! I have them listed alphabetically so I do not show any favoritism towards my biggest nomination for the head jerk off award. And Heeeerrrrreeeeeee we go:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2002 12:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with you. I met Mr. Patire and researched his style and found nothing to confirm that it existed. As far as Phil Dunlap goes, I trained with him and he once told me that he had attended a grappling event with Rickson Gracie and that he had made him tap out.

I will say that both guys were exceptionally nice guys. I rolled with Phil when I was a beginner, and he whipped my ass.

As far as Patire goes, the guy was always a gentleman.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2002 6:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained with Phil Dunlap for about 4 years and I heard him speaking about having met Rickson Gracie prior to the first UFC on numerous occasions. I think you may have not remembered the story because I always heard him speak of it as how he knew Royce would win the first UFC. The story was something along the line of he had worked out with Rickson once in California at the school Rickson trained at. He said Rickson was fantastic but I never heard him say anything about who tapped who or how many times. As a matter of fact in the 4 years I knew him I know he had worked with several people with big reputations and never heard him talking about anybody tapping anybody in training.

I just want to state the facts to my knowledge, as this is how internet pissing contests start.

Mike S

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2002 6:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Truth

Man you have a problem with just about everybody.

My feelings on Mr.Patire are pretty much already stated.

I have had exchanges with Mr. Stevens on this forum and he seemed pretty strait forward
    to me. As far as I understand he actually competes in BJJ/Grappling events. Calling him gay is pretty childish.

As to Phil Dunlap you get upset because some guy gives himself rank than you get upset that Phil doesn’t have any. I found in researching Burmese martial arts there was no traditional ranking system. If it were a made up system why would he then believe in it.
    I have never heard or seen Phil make claims or statements that I could trace to being false or misleading and have researched South East Asian Martial Arts in depth. I have found most of the history Phil has given me to be verifiable. I know for a FACT Phil has fought under many different rules and makes no ridiculous claims.

I trained with Phil for 4 years and know him pretty well. As I have taken the time to read your profile and see that you are a tremendous martial artists I am pretty sure he would love to train with you so you could show him how what he practices doesn’t work. He has an open door policy his email is PhilD@thaing.net . With your tremendous skill and knowledge you may be able to get a number of students for yourself when you show how confused the poor Bando guys are.

By the way how did you do at the quest? I am confident you took first in the Advanced div. of your weight class.

I don’t know the others you mention but if your “truth” and “facts” about them are as well researched as those about Phil I have a problem believing any of them.

Mike S

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2002 5:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, Me is very protective of Phil Dunlap, Can Me be Phil? Hmmmmmmmm. He even has Phil's email handy and knows quite a bit about his background. Including training in Cali, and this ficticious story about tapping Rickson. It is funny that it is mentioned here, because I heard that same story. Is it just a coincidence or can it really be the story that (me,Dunlap) really told people.

Let everyone else be the judge.

This coincidence sounds eerily similar to me.

The Truth Speaks Again!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2002 7:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You caught me I defended Phil so I must be him I am so ashamed.

I consider Phil a good friend and apologize for defending a friend, of course you are correct and I am way off base as you are the truth and we must deal with it.

Mike S but you can call me Phil, Mike, Me, it makes no difference, as I do not plan on arguing with you

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2002 9:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One last thing Me,

I have read on the Patire post someone calling you a coward accusing you of claiming to be Mike S from the Fast Defense website. If you are not the same person, why the moniker ME, as signed by Mike S?

The Truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2002 9:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not sure what he is talking about I usually sign up for a forum as Me or Just Me
    and my name is Mike Singer so I sign posts Mike S. I think he objected to me signing a post Mike S because another person on that forum is named Mike and has a last name that starts with S. I am done with the Patire thing, as I know I’m not going to get any answers.

I am a little confused, after your article you state you want all these guys to get together and fight each other? I would assume some of them are friends and if you have the problem with them why would they fight with each other. With your 28 years of experience in kickboxing, wrestling and BJJ I thought you would just go by each of their schools and show them up in front of their students just think what it would do for your schools enrollment. If you couldn’t get to a major event you were planning on going to that is scheduled months in advance what makes you think any of these people could get someplace you want them to be when there is nothing in it for them?

Mike S but you can call me Phil, Mike, Me

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2002 1:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mike Singer,

Are you the same Mike Singer that is from Dallas Texas?

I simply stated my knowledge of the Jersey guys, I personally never said I wanted to fight them I just gave my opinion in a satrical way the same as you did. What makes it different? Did you go to Patire and want to fight him, or did you just state your opinion?

Also why use the moniker me if you just provided your name?

The Truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2002 11:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    truth

About 8 years ago I had to be in Texas all the time on business. I used to train under the Machados when I was out there. If we met I was a Judo player from Long Island I am pretty tall 6'4" better top game no bottom game.

MS
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast