Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 5:20am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Selfcritical is correct. Thanks in advance for the upcoming total without lodging, Steve. Thanks again for bringing the camp to central Texas. I mentioned it to some friends of mine and one of them is from Ukraine and his father was a Master of Sport in SAMBO and his dad may actually be in the country at that time.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 8:35am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Count me in, please. I'll be submitting my time off sheet today. Do I pay there, or before, or how the hell does this work? I'm a Sambo Summit virgin.

Edit: Time off sheet completed, and have cleared it with my non-work related Boss as well. I am clear to hug/lick feetz now.
    Last edited by MrBadGuy; 6/19/2009 9:19am at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 8:47am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    yes, it is open to anyone, but depending on our new insurance policy, attendees may have to get an individual membership (but that will be included in the price).
    How does one join the ASA?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 11:31am

Style: Taijiquan - Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to attend (at least part of) this event! The challenge will be finding time off from work.

I've wanted to formally explore Sambo for some time and it looks like I may have the opportunity now. I registered for the message board on the ASA website and I will post an intro over there soon.

One of Seattle's Bravest

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:18pm

Style: Cambo/jujutsu/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steve is out of town, so I will step in and blurb it up a bit.

War wheel, you can join the ASA via http://www.ussambo.com/

Membership includes those things listed. But, we are working through the kinks, of extending an insurance policy very similar in structure to what the Judo associations have.

In an effort to expose more folks to the sport, we have also started offering frequent clinics in the main clubs around the country.

Watch for upcoming ref clinics as well.

Every year we have expanded our range of offerings in an effort to make Sambo accessible.

The goal of the ASA is the promotion of Sambo in the US. You will find the organization one devoid of ego driven politics and general salesmanship. We are a collection of folks who have been involved with sambo for years, who want an organization that has sambo as the goal, rather than the nonsense that has plagued our sport for years within the US.

Feel free to contact me directly, I am happy to answer any questions regarding the ASA or Sambo in general.

As to the Sambo Summit, this will be our third year; each year has surpassed the previous. The summits are a good time; lots of info and you will get a good idea and feel for the methodology used by Samboists. All of the coaches are Eastern Block trained in some capacity.

You won't get a grab bag of techniques, as that isn't the way Sambo goes about it. You'll get a working model for skill acquisition and a framework for understanding and dissecting movement.

All levels of experience are welcome and you will find a bunch of smiling, sweating faces, and a friendly slap on the back.

We are looking forward to visiting Texas.

Regards.
    Aaron Fields
    Vice President of the American Sambo Association
    Sea-Town Cambo/Seattle Jujutsu Club
    www.seattle-jujutsu.org

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    6/21/2009 2:08pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We will soon have all the rates and registration forms up on our webiste to download. I don't want to quote a price yet until the hotel is finalized. I will keep everyone posted.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2009 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cant wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 11:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, we have rates for you guys. I should have the application forms ready by mid week after the holiday.

Rates are:
    There are three options for registration this year (check which you are registering for). You can book one of our all inclusive packages, where we arrange your hotel for you, or you can arrange your own hotel and simply register for the training sessions. There are no single day registrations.

 $510.00 USD – Includes three days of training, breakfast, lunch, and a single room at our hotel.
     $450.00 USD – Includes three days of training, breakfast, lunch, and a double room at our hotel.
     $300.00 USD – Includes three days of training and lunch.

Anyone who needs a registration form, shoot me an e-mail at skoepfer@nyc.rr.com

Posted On:
    7/03/2009 2:00am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steve and Aaron, thanks so much for putting this together. I can't wait to meet you guys face to face and learn the framework.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    7/04/2009 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also included in the training is a "First Aid for the Dojo" training. This in addition to 8 other sessions over the weekend.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast