Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 11:44pm

Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello TKDforLife ,
    since you feel the need to address on to me different threads I shall respond in kind. I have live in Durham all my life and have personnel attended every school I have ranked. I started TKD in 2001 therefore I have been around not only long before you started, also five years before Master Jung got here. Now you claim to have been there for over three years which means you joined either just after or right when I left with Master Gordon ( It is Gordon that was my mistake). Most of her other students also left at this time so the "everybody" you are referring to confuse me. Now as far as I know the only students of Master Gordon that are still at your school were children at the time under the age of 14. Now as far as her curriculum goes, sense the school was owned by Master K.S. Lee it is his and his brothers curriculum i.e the same Lee Brothers whose tournament you guys go to.

Now I left between 2006 and 2007 so the statement about the child blackbelts teaching was true at the time because the only blackbelt left were five kids I mentioned before. Now I won't say their names on the internet but so you can figure it out its the two brother,the other two brother, and the asian kid. Now any blackbelt you saw when you joined were either completely trained by Master Gordon or had only been trained since 2006 2 years before you got there.

In closing I left your school five years ago and my TWO YEAR OLD comments are based on that. Master Jung schools are doing well monetarily good for him, but it dosen't change the rankings I gave them previously, except for gym I know you guys recently moved back to your spot and expanded it.

P.S. it dosen't matter how many times you win easy tournaments their still easy! btw any tournament that dosen't allow blackbelts to kick to the head is easy.

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 7:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We would welcome you coming by to UPDATE your ranking if you feel so strongly about them as I do feel very strongly about my CURRENT comments. As an aside, you speak about "monetarily" like its a bad thing, the fact of course is that if he is doing well monetarily then he must be serving his students well and able to gain new students because of word of mouth.

I have no desire to debate your views from the past. I did feel the need to set the record straight as you and taekwondomaster seemed to want to just bash and not offer a balanced critique of Master Jung's school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 12:09pm

Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don 't really need to update my ranking it was pretty fair in my opinion.

I gave you a 6 in aliveness because thats where olympic taekwondo ranks. An 8 or a nine is for boxing, kickboxing, or Muay Thai, sports with only gloves.

In equipment I gave you a 7 in equipment because and 8 or 9 requires a lajust or ring master system or at least the electronic footpads.

In gym size I origanally gave you a 7, but now I give you a 8.

In Instructor /Student ratio I gave you a 4 because that only blackbelts were kids at the time. Now I'll give you a 5 or a 6 base on the blackbelts you have now.

For Atmoshere I gave a 6 because it wasn't that great when I was there. As for right now you would know more than me.

In Striking Instruction I gave your school a 5.5 because you guys are successful at local tournaments, but the Lee brothers cup restricts hard contact and head shots.

In Grappling Instruction you get a 3 because any higher requires you to actaully grapple competitively.

In Weapons you get a 1 because you don't spar with them.

here is the link to the grading criteria so you may judge for yourself what your school's rating should be. If your ratings differ greatly from mine then I'll be happy to debate them with you.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69468

also so you have a clear understanding of aliveness, here a clearer explaination of its ranking with video.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70156

It may seem like I just bashed Master Jung in my first post, but if you look at my other posts ,and my coverstion with crazytkdDartist, you'll see I did back up and explain my position as clearly as I could. I understand that you feel very strongly about this, but I honestly don't. Again these are comments I wrote 2 years ago about a man I trained with 5 years ago, I have long since gotten over it and have moved on. If you still feel I am being biased feel free to rate the school yourself and I'll be happy to discuss it futher, otherwise all the best see you guys at Lee brothers.

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 5:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had to reply to your post. I was one the original students with K.S. Lee and Master Chung was suppose to have been my first instructor, although, every time I came to mid day class he would tell Ms. Michelle to come out and teach me. Ms. Michelle was the reason the school got it's positive rep in Durham. Master Chung left the school high and dry because he wanted more money for teaching, although, Ms. Michelle was doing all the teaching. Since I went on to be one of Master Lee's main instructors, I think I can speak to this fact. I was told by my Grandmaster to lighten up in certain school's of his because it was to intense, but just as long as I keep it lively and fun, that was okay. He did allow me to teach the real deal in his Gardner school. The point he later shared was about the business aspect. You don't structure the school for the adults to like, you structure the school to appeal to the kids and the adults will come. The koreans have made Tae Kwon Do a business, nothing wrong with that, except, it lacks in the real teaching of learning to fight. That's what Ms. Michelle taught you, she taught how to truly use what you have learned. If you are with Lee Brothers, they will wait until you reach blackbelt level to teach you how to really fight,but by that time, it is much too late. They will have drained thousands of dollars from you over the years just for you to have your child in a true external tournament one day and you wonder why he or she is getting beat so bad.

This post is not to discourage you, it is to share a different view. Also, if you ever try to open a school aside from being under them, they will call all the korean schools, and blackball you so no one will come to your tournaments. Everything I have mentioned in this post comes from fracts not opinions. I have seen it, hear it, and know that it is true.

Last little note; You ever ask yourself why Master Chung always wear his shoes when he is on the floor. It certainly is not suppose to be allowed, and you will never see him allow the students to do the same. I can tell you if you want to know, but you may not like it.

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 5:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for repost, but I want everyone to know who I was responding to. I had to reply to crazyTKDartist post. I was one the original students with K.S. Lee and Master Chung was suppose to have been my first instructor, although, every time I came to mid day class he would tell Ms. Michelle to come out and teach me. Ms. Michelle was the reason the school got it's positive rep in Durham. Master Chung left the school high and dry because he wanted more money for teaching, although, Ms. Michelle was doing all the teaching. Since I went on to be one of Master Lee's main instructors, I think I can speak to this fact. I was told by my Grandmaster to lighten up in certain school's of his because it was to intense, but just as long as I keep it lively and fun, that was okay. He did allow me to teach the real deal in his Gardner school. The point he later shared was about the business aspect. You don't structure the school for the adults to like, you structure the school to appeal to the kids and the adults will come. The koreans have made Tae Kwon Do a business, nothing wrong with that, except, it lacks in the real teaching of learning to fight. That's what Ms. Michelle taught you, she taught how to truly use what you have learned. If you are with Lee Brothers, they will wait until you reach blackbelt level to teach you how to really fight,but by that time, it is much too late. They will have drained thousands of dollars from you over the years just for you to have your child in a true external tournament one day and you wonder why he or she is getting beat so bad.

This post is not to discourage you, it is to share a different view. Also, if you ever try to open a school aside from being under them, they will call all the korean schools, and blackball you so no one will come to your tournaments. Everything I have mentioned in this post comes from fracts not opinions. I have seen it, hear it, and know that it is true.

Last little note; You ever ask yourself why Master Chung always wear his shoes when he is on the floor. It certainly is not suppose to be allowed, and you will never see him allow the students to do the same. I can tell you if you want to know, but you may not like it.
    Last edited by 36chambers; 7/13/2011 5:49pm at .

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 11:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Grandmaster Lee

I actually attend one of Master Lee's school's and I do not know where you got your information about if you do not open up a school under their umbrella they will black ball you, but nothing can be further from the truth. I have experienced a Grandmaster who is kind, respectful, disciplined and teaches alot of his own classes. There are several Tae Kwon Do schools around his. His words have always been kind and he has even had the masters of one the schools drop by to say hello. (and this person does not operate a school under the Lee Brother umbrella).
    You can't randomly attack people you have never even met, let alone taken classes under.

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 11:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "If you are with Lee Brothers, they will wait until you reach blackbelt level to teach you how to really fight,but by that time, it is much too late. They will have drained thousands of dollars from you over the years just for you to have your child in a true external tournament one day and you wonder why he or she is getting beat so bad."

This post also seems to come from someone that has never actually sparred with anyone from a Lee Brothers school. Not only have I taken first place at SEVERAL external tournaments, but so have every member of my family that takes it - All 4 of us.
    Also, learning how to fight until you are black belt? Where in the world did you come up with that? They begin to learn from no belt on. Except at Lee Brothers, you also learn something that may be lacking in you. How to avoid agressive conflict and only fight as a last resort. What happened to honesty, respect, commitment, dedication, self control, and the other tenants of what Tae Kwon Do is supposed to be? Lashing out about things that you know nothing about is not helpful. If you actually attended their schools, then maybe your post would have a little more validity.
    But the fact that my entire family along with MANY others have won external titles ruins the one "fact" you presented.
    When you rack up a resume that is long and distinguished as ALL of the Lee Brothers, then you may know what I am talking about.
    To anyone reading the posts about the Lee Brothers, don't take my opinion either. Read up on them, visit their schools and do your own homework. You will be glad you did.

primarily in NC, but travel often to visit family.

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 12:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, & Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKDForLife - Some of this information that you wrong is incorrect. (See below)

Man is she pissed about not being in business now or what? Oh wait she didn't tell you that? Yes her "school" is now closed sadly. Though her "school" didn't teach anything specific at all just a hodgepodge of martial art looking stuff. Oh the main business was selling marital art supplies, and her training area was right in the middle. Now I wish I could go see her school to accurately respond but since she doesn't have one it would be hard to do. However Master Jung now has a second school in Morrisville.

This woman isn't Master Gordon. This woman that you are referring to that had a Karate Supply/Karate school in the North Duke, and yeas she is no longer in business. I agree with you about Though her "school" didn't teach anything specific at all just a hodgepodge of martial art looking stuff. Oh the main business was selling marital art supplies, and her training area was right in the middle. But this is not Master Gordon and I do know that she and Master Jung are still friends and is highly respected among other martial arts masters and instructors in NC. She also doesn't have a dojang in North Durham.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12