Administrator

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sutton View Post
    It's at the top of the page! I see it, the person next to me sees it. Maybe you missed it.
    No, I see nothing but this concerning my discussion:

Quote Originally Posted by 1point2
    It is possible that it is a McDojo.

It is certainly Bullshido.
    Your verbal assault:
    Quote Originally Posted by JS
    It is possible that it is a McDojo.

It is certainly Bullshido.
    A McDojo, like a McDonalds franchise? Isn't the problem that I am not a franchise and you are, with your purchased ranks?

After your verbal assault.
    You're confusing me with someone else. I have never purchased ranks in anything. I've paid for physical belts--five bucks, you know, like when you're given rank but the judo sensei wants you to buy the actual piece of cloth--but never paid a testing fee.

My nidan was from ~eight years of study at 1 karate dojo. My yonkyu is from six months of study at 1 judo dojo.

In short, shut the **** up you mis-targeting jackass.
    Now again, where did he curse at you to make you insult his rank?

Here let me help you again:
    Quote Originally Posted by IIF
    Where is the foul language that led you to attack 1point2's rank?
    Right, it did not happen until, you claimed he bought his rank. This issue is now dead. You can keep trying to twist it but, the fact remains you insulted his rank and he used foul language "AFTER YOUR INSULT."

Very well, since you are more civil about this I will elaborate.
    I understand if you are mad but, you chose to attack everyone not, just the person who said something negative. You then decided to add many strawman arguments and red herrings.

Calm down, read the thread, answer questions, or be upset the direction is entirely up to you.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just as a side comment, for the first time,
    I am really pissed at some internet fraud.

I guess this is how you others feel when you deal
    with fakers in your discipline.

Me + Johnny:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by futabachan View Post
    Oh, dear. Not only are they bullshido, they're a significant safety hazard: they sell "wall hanger" swords which they advertise as good for tameshigiri. :(

And they're the only "JSA" dojo I've ever seen that uses Tae Kwon Do hogu. And fukuro shinai are not made with foam. And I'll refrain from commenting on the form displayed in those videos.
    Of course it's dangerous when you have 30 students at once. One on one you can do more and more safely. And we don't go through bamboo with the "beginner models" because that's exactly what they are, not "wall hangers". They're used for the water bottles and pool noodles (beginner stuff, right?). Tatami and/ or bamboo get much better steel. I'm not stupid or new to this. So do't be so concerned (genuine concern, right, just 'cause you care?)

The hogu are the basis of a killer exercise that teaches defensive skills; as I said, I'm unorthodoxed. Does it have to be ancient bogu to impress you people! Sheesh.

I know fukaro shinai are not made with foam. The website should have reflected that these were modern-day substitutes for such a critical stage in training.

And I know my form wasn't the best in the videos, so thank you for withholding your comment. The first noble gesture I've encountered.

js

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:47pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your 'form' is non-existent, it's nothing personal, it's a fact. It's not too late to get proper instruction, you're clearly interested, you should do so.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll retire, but this last piece of awesome from the kendo forum:

"This is not a witch hunt, it's public humiliation."

"Can someone explain that to me please? What is 'Kill Bill good'?"
    "-Slicing up water bottles in the woods of North Carolina."

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very well, since you are more civil about this I will elaborate. I have never claimed to be a kensei incarnate. My students are not allowed to call me sensei; I have no menkyo kaiden. My title is simply instructor. I'm 37 and I first held a katana at 13, when I began a private tutelage in Togakure Ryu for 2 years and then trained others (nonprofit) for 7 years. Kenjutsu is a rather broad term and so is my curriculum, because I believe in the power of training in every style you can on any given weapon. Over the years I have "borrowed" from several sword schools (I won't dare mention their names for fear of retaliation, but if you are well-versed, you'll recognize them in some of the videos.) Short answer: Part Intensive Training, and Part Reconstruction. Long answer: Enroll and see for yourself

Really? Not one "teacher" at that age? Not Masters, but just teachers? It never ceases to amaze me how people limit themselves. Most dueling careers ended in their 30's. That's when the inner journey began. Interesting...

I have training to do; this online stuff is fun, but the ring calls...

js
    John thats a good first step indeed.

People often cite the age thing especially regarding Musashi who as you probably know started his dueling at the tender age of 13 or so. Thing is as society changed and people lived longer, the age went up so that people could master the weapon. Musashi himself could have used more time to study the weapon, as he beat many decent swordsmen with sheer force of will and perhaps a superior style.

The sword is a tremendously complex weapon and given the educational requirements that are put on us, etc, most of is in this society, unless we either missed school, or did not sleep, need more time to learn all the subtleties. The angles, the strategies, the proper cutting and holding and how to take care of the furniture for the blade, etc.

Togakure Swordsmanship? Do you know what is so ironic about this school of the sword?
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Wow, talk about lack of reading comprehension. You used your students as a defense to you knowing an art.

Did I call them stupid? Wow you really like to build strawmen and make false accusations don't you.

It isn't my fault you don't understand that, a Black Belt in Judo does not mean you know anything about Chinese Martial arts.

You started with disrespect so, don't even start.

I showed you 1point2' post. This was your response:

You said he bought his rank and his school was a McDojo. I'd tell you to shut the **** up myself.

Hubris, pompous, and arrogance.

More Irony. It is all coming from your attitude and mistakes. We can see you like to twist things to your favor.

You just insulted a person's rank, from behind your screen, while chastising everyone else that did the same thing.

That's called being a hypocrite.

Answer the questions or continue to act like a baby. They insulted your "in the forest four days a week story." Your lineage is nowhere to be found.

Your terms for tonight are:
    Pompous
    Hypocrite
    Hubris
    Irony

Once you learn the meaning of these terms, in relation to your posts, we can talk about respect.
    So he does have a school. How'd I guess that. You guys ever noticed how this subject is just one great big pissing contest? This horse crap should be read aloud with a david carridine like voice. Your lineage has not been established! Darn it all to heck! I don't get your little stamp of approval!

And no one thinks I got witch-hunted here? Someone started this thread without notifying me. And it blows my mind that losers would sit around and crap on people they've never met!

I want no one's approval, thanks, I'm secure enough in myself. Don't need it. And dude, great vocabulary. I mean Hubris? That's ten points alone!

js

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 6:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he does have a school. How'd I guess that. You guys ever noticed how this subject is just one great big pissing contest? This horse crap should be read aloud with a david carridine like voice. Your lineage has not been established! Darn it all to heck! I don't get your little stamp of approval!
    Hahahahaha.

Please show everyone where I state I have a school.

Wow you really have poor reading comprehension.

And no one thinks I got witch-hunted here? Someone started this thread without notifying me. And it blows my mind that losers would sit around and crap on people they've never met!

I want no one's approval, thanks, I'm secure enough in myself. Don't need it. And dude, great vocabulary. I mean Hubris? That's ten points alone!

js

Anyone notice how subjects of an investigations always cry witch hunt?
    You brought up respect. I gave you some homework to help you understand your current actions.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 6:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As somebody who has had formal, or let me say it better, real, training in several Japanese swordfighting styles, I am pretty sure I am not a loser compared to somebody who holds his sword like a club, pushes his elbows out, and hunches in every time he strikes.

No wonder you use children and that anemic fattie in your training vids:
    They're either afraid or can't get close enough to you to hit; that way you compensate for your obvious lack of technique.

A simple tsuki would break every of your stances and hit your on the spot,
    lethally, of course. Besides, I doubt you had any training by anyone qualified, if at all. More like some dude who wanted to entertain you for a summer. Nothing about "two years".

See how he crosses his arms holding the sword? - Not even Bujinkan people do that.

You're a complete ****-up, and a fraud, pal.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 7/21/2009 6:18pm at .

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 7:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    So you began teaching others after two years of training? What did you teach them at that time?
    Please answer this question, Mr. Sutton.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast