Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 3:08pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sutton View Post
    My lineage has already been established and crapped on, mispoken, and played with, so I'm done with this.
    I would most heartily disagree; your lineage has not been established.

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 3:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I apologized because, while that statement is true and maybe even slightly relevant, it came out of exasperation and wanting to tell him off, i.e. an emotional response.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Now Johhny take a deep breath..... You came under investigation. Its too late to change that Johnny, you were spotted in those there hills, but there is a way out. This can be easy or hard as you make it... once the Juggernaught gets rolling though, well lets just say it is built with a state of the art BS detector.

I repeat you are now being investigated and... many of us who have handled a few 3 foot razor blades have yet to see a Kenjutsu teacher under 30 years old.... And 30 is young young young! So what gives?

Did anyone give you instruction in Kenjutsu? If they did what is his her background? What did they train in? Did they train formally? ARe you making this art up? reconstructing the art? thats ok, just say so and be foward about it. :qcheerlea
    Very well, since you are more civil about this I will elaborate. I have never claimed to be a kensei incarnate. My students are not allowed to call me sensei; I have no menkyo kaiden. My title is simply instructor. I'm 37 and I first held a katana at 13, when I began a private tutelage in Togakure Ryu for 2 years and then trained others (nonprofit) for 7 years. Kenjutsu is a rather broad term and so is my curriculum, because I believe in the power of training in every style you can on any given weapon. Over the years I have "borrowed" from several sword schools (I won't dare mention their names for fear of retaliation, but if you are well-versed, you'll recognize them in some of the videos.) Short answer: Part Intensive Training, and Part Reconstruction. Long answer: Enroll and see for yourself

Really? Not one "teacher" at that age? Not Masters, but just teachers? It never ceases to amaze me how people limit themselves. Most dueling careers ended in their 30's. That's when the inner journey began. Interesting...

I have training to do; this online stuff is fun, but the ring calls...

js

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Where is the foul language that led you to attack 1point2's rank?

I do notice not only is this a blatant lie as, 1point2 didn't attack you with foul language, didn't claim he was an expert, nor was he rude.

How about you calm down and prove your lineage or not?

Your current actions speak volumes.
    It's at the top of the page! I see it, the person next to me sees it. Maybe you missed it. And what actions speak volumes? None of this is action; this is small words from angry minds. And here I am sucked up into it!

I hate it's gone this way. I'd love to talk shop with you guys. Oh yeah, my lineage is Irish / Apache (temper with focus).

js

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 37 and I first held a katana at 13, when I began a private tutelage in Togakure Ryu for 2 years and then trained others (nonprofit) for 7 years.
    So you began teaching others after two years of training? What did you teach them at that time?

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Accident waiting to happen chambara LARPing.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Got to study, will not bother... I DO BOTHER!*

1. Saiminjutsu?! - Pseudo-japanese word creation contest winner?

2. Complete and utter stances fail. No formal Japanese swordfighting training, ever, suspected.

3. Ninjer. Much larp, no technique, whatsoever?

4.Cut test - crap fest.

5. Ring katana FAIL.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Accident waiting to happen chambara LARPing.
    QFT!!!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 37 and I first held a katana at 13, when I began a private tutelage in Togakure Ryu for 2 years
    How often did you train when you were 13? How were you fine motor skills and coordination? I ask this because in dealing with JV Basketball before, the children lacked fine motor skills that would be needed to handle a sword skillfully. Maybe you are one of the exceptions who had the developed skill at an early age.

and then trained others (nonprofit) for 7 years.
    Did you start training others at the age of 15 or was there a break between your study and your teaching?

Kenjutsu is a rather broad term and so is my curriculum, because I believe in the power of training in every style you can on any given weapon.
    How can you train in "every style you can" without proper instruction from someone trained in said style?

Over the years I have "borrowed" from several sword schools (I won't dare mention their names for fear of retaliation
    Translation: I have no training in all the styles and if the teachers of said styles knew I was copying them, they would kick my behind.

Most dueling careers ended in their 30's. That's when the inner journey began. Interesting...

js
    Do you see yourself as a duelist? Do you see many people dueling today?

In summary, you have no formal training beyond two years as a teenager and think you are qualified to teach others. Please stop before someone gets hurt.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 5:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? Not one "teacher" at that age? Not Masters, but just teachers? It never ceases to amaze me how people limit themselves. Most dueling careers ended in their 30's. That's when the inner journey began. Interesting...

I have training to do; this online stuff is fun, but the ring calls...

js
    Dude, you're so spastic, you give me a boner.

Let's put it gently... You ever met and competed against anyone with
    a more conventional training history than yours? Say, an Aikido black belt, a kendoka that had competed in tournaments, or just a Ninjutsu black belt?

If that was the case, please, since you're so eager to tape all your adventures, provide us with some unedited footage!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast