Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 3:51pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

training with sore body

I worked out harder then I ussualy do, (and f***in liked it, it was very exhausting thought but after wards it feels nice)

right now my muscles seem kinda sore and (its my first training day of the week, about 2 hours long,) (yesterday)
    so now its the next day and I was wondering if it was ok to train with my sore body, I can still do push ups and jump rope)

any science mumbo jumbo or health issues can happen with training with sore body??

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 4:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chin Na/Shuai-Chiao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Krat0s,

The soreness you are feeling is most likely DOMS or delayed onset muscle soreness. DOMS is muscle soreness/stiffness that occurs between 2-48 hours after a high intensity workout. The pain is a normal response to periods of extended and or a dramatic increase in physical exertion. This is a part of the body's adaptation process. During this time the muscles are recovering and building greater strength and endurance.

There are arguments on both sides of the fence. One expert will tell you, you should not train if you are sore as your muscles are recovering. Another expert will tell you training the muscles again will speed recovery by flushing the muscles with blood, which contains nutrients that will help the muscles recover.

The bottom line is you have to do what is best for YOU. As my drill sergeants use to say, "pain is weakness leaving the body."

I find it best to take the middle ground and stick with body-weight exercises (calisthenics). This will help flush your muscles with blood, thus delivering vital nutrients and will not overload your muscles.
    Last edited by WakelessDragon; 6/08/2009 4:56pm at .

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 4:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it just soreness or DOMS?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 4:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks!, much aprreciated. =)

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 7:01pm

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kratos, you could always try a bit of lifting and see how it goes. If your muscles aren't giving the same output as usual then give 'em a rest.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 7:19pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From personal experience, when I have sore muscles the day after a workout, getting a good warmup, followed by another solid workout seems to prevent worse soreness the next day.

Posted On:
    6/09/2009 12:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks all for posting!!!! =), really helped me

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    6/09/2009 3:46am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To elaborate on my rather unhelpful post; do you just feel a little sore when you move or have you got serious pain that prevents you from making certain movements?

If it's the first then working out shouldn't be a problem. I train BJJ 5 days a week and try and get a couple of lifting sessions in too. I find that after day 2-3 I'm always a little sore but it doesn't stop me from training or hinder progress.

Hope that helps.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    6/09/2009 8:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel View Post
    do you just feel a little sore when you move or have you got serious pain that prevents you from making certain movements?
    Just sore when I move, and now its tomorrow from yesterday, so the sorin' is more away nao.

Posted On:
    6/10/2009 7:35pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sore but yesterday my muscles were very weak. I had trained for four days in a row and I was simply unable to do what everyone else was doing. Thus, no training today. I wonder what the difference is between weakness and soreness?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast