Posted On:
    6/09/2009 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    What do you mean by spiderweb?
    Sry, Eddie Bravo term, just mean hook and hold the leg so they cant roll out.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    6/09/2009 6:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool video.

On the kimura, is the purpose of the foot going into the armpit to help prevent uke turning to his knees, only? Or does it serve some other dark end that I've failed to comprehend.

Also, why didn't Kahn use more Jiu Jitsu when he was on CSI?

P.S. This is officially the most awesome thing I've seen today. YouTube - Rob Kahn Demonstrates Extreme Shoulder Pressure
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 6/09/2009 6:49pm at .

Posted On:
    6/09/2009 7:08pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Choked from that? I wholeheartedly agree with his points about shoulder pressure whenever attacking from side control (shoot, even from half guard it's useful). It amazes me when people don't try to control the head like this.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/09/2009 7:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    Choked from that? I wholeheartedly agree with his points about shoulder pressure whenever attacking from side control (shoot, even from half guard it's useful). It amazes me when people don't try to control the head like this.
    Looked like it basically turned into an arm triangle.
    I agree with you about the control. One thing I do a little differently (know idea if it is better, doubt it) versus the pinky turn in is actually clasp their armpit. This lets me turn their head in, basically neck cranking them forward too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2009 6:48am

Style: MMA / BJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with you about the control. One thing I do a little differently (know idea if it is better, doubt it) versus the pinky turn in is actually clasp their armpit. This lets me turn their head in, basically neck cranking them forward too.
    Do you mean over the top of the shoulder? I would do this sometimes also but not when trying to apply shoulder pressure as i think it might make it harder to do. I use this to get the guy to turn away from me.

To apply shoulder pressure I grab the armpit but under the shoulder, then use my other hand to control the far elbow (to maintain a frame).

You certainly wouldnt get a choke from the way i do it though...

I think it must have been the pinky turn that turned it into a choke. He must have been pressing on the far carotid with the wrist/hand to get that far side. Otherwise i dont really get how he put the guy out.

Posted On:
    6/10/2009 1:44pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yah, I mostly roll with gi and do something similar. Getting that head elevated by gripping the armpit or gi-grip the frontside of the shoulder and levering to get upward tension in conjunction the downward shoulder pressure really isolates their heads and locks the whole upper body down nicely. It really feels terrible on the receiving end. (Friggin gi burn on the chin.)

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/10/2009 2:25pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is interesting. I've been feeling a big improvement with what I think of as "chin control" I'm always steering big guys around by the chin if I can. The best part is if I have the chin and they still manage to get me on my back I'm a half inch away from a 10 finger guillotine.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/10/2009 2:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, I suck at 10-fingers. I remember first having one done to me 5+ years ago, haven't gotten them to work well for me since.

Posted On:
    6/10/2009 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice stuff. I've tried that choke but can't seem to get it. My pinky must be in the wrong place or something.

As for why you would not do cross-face side control, I find it difficult to get on good guys (black belts). Those guys are not going to let you cross-face them so it's easier to go to basic side control. Also, basic side control gives you more mobility - cross-face stops you from going around to front or the other side.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast