Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 1:10pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    We had a short grappling session also.. but was lacking experience as a group in grappling. I think I did like 2 rounds on the mat.
    Tru and we did do both on the knee's and a bit of standup wrestling. AND.. Thanks to dwkfym I can now sorta pull off a hip toss from judo.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 1:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there going to be another one this year?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 9:20am

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably not this year, but we'll try and arrange another one soon. Many people seemed to want another one as quickly as possible, but it probably won't happen until next year.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 7:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hopefully it will be closer to the Tampa/Orlando area.My car situation is a little iffy right now.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 8:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lamegrappler View Post
    Hopefully it will be closer to the Tampa/Orlando area.My car situation is a little iffy right now.
    Check out the Tampa Fight Club at www.meetup.com/tampafightclub. The September meetup will be on Saturday, September 26 at 6PM and we will be sparring under modified muay thai/sanshou rules.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 10:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gedan_Mawashi View Post
    Check out the Tampa Fight Club at www.meetup.com/tampafightclub. The September meetup will be on Saturday, September 26 at 6PM and we will be sparring under modified muay thai/sanshou rules.
    @Lamegrappler

LMAO I thought it was you!

The name seemd a little too similar. Dude me adn evo showed up, and last time it was jsut me evo and joey, seriously dude where were yall, liek 4 people said yes and we waited at the spot for like 15min b4 going back to rest from all the sparring.

Anyway, I talked to matt and he said that open mat on saturdays the gracie south location is open for a meet and there will be other high level jits guys and some mma fighters to work with. I got one of my buddies from GT interested in coming to a meet too so we should be able to kick it off next time.

Evo is the assistant organizer and joey and us are in contact so we'll see what we can do but all you douches need to actually show for it to work lol.

Hope to see you at the next meet.

Oh and that looks interesting gedan, I'll have to check it out.
    Last edited by wingchunx2z; 9/01/2009 10:29pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 3:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah,it's me.I was going to go but couldn't get a hold of Joey to see if it was still on,so I just went to work instead.Matt Arroyo said he would let you guys come in during open mat?It would be nice to finally get to roll with him after all the times we've met outside of the gym.By the way Gedan and Wingchun,I have a key to the school I train at so if you wanna do something inbetween meets that would be ok,but it's in Lakeland.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 7:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regarding the Tampa Fight Club: We had 9 ppl at the meetup, 5 fighters. It was fun, but would have been better if we had more fighters. We even had female fighters just watching b/c they wanted someone else to spar with. Our sister dojo is interested in hosting meetups in Zephyrhills as well. There is also interest from a St. Pete school in hosting meetups there.

wingchun, lamegrappler: If others in the Lakeland area would be interested, a few of us could come to Lakeland to train and spar together in between meetups.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 9:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sport Kung Fu/Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a great interest meeting up and sparring with other MAs. Assuming me car is not acting wonky, I would like to attend the Tampa meet up (just joined the Tampa fight club) since that is my weedend off and should be able to make out to Lakeland. Lamegrappler: if I am heading to Tampa for the meet up, we could carpool since I have to drive through Lakeland to get there from Orlando.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 10:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lamegrappler View Post
    Yeah,it's me.I was going to go but couldn't get a hold of Joey to see if it was still on,so I just went to work instead.Matt Arroyo said he would let you guys come in during open mat?It would be nice to finally get to roll with him after all the times we've met outside of the gym.By the way Gedan and Wingchun,I have a key to the school I train at so if you wanna do something inbetween meets that would be ok,but it's in Lakeland.
    Yeh, I'm a student at gracie south and I asked about the meetup group with matt specefically and he said np, also 2 or 3 guys from there are interested in coming to a few meets. my buddy Evo and joey are the main organizers and I've already pitched it to Evo we'l see if Joey's cool with it.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast