Posted On:
    6/07/2009 2:29pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Florida / Central Fla venue / Southeast USA region Throwdown

Hi guys.
    I was wondering if you guys were interested in setting up a throwdown in the SE region. SC, GA, AL and FL areas.

I was thinking we should set something up in the Gainesville, Jacksonville, Lake City areas of Florida so we can cater to Sofla as well as the states mentioned above. What do you guys think?

Any bullshido members in the above mentioned cities? Can you guys try and find a venue?

I can try what I can in gainesville to find a venue, but it is probably going to cost some money. There is a school here with decent room for matwork and a boxing ring that I can hit up for a Sunday or Saturday afternoon. But this would probably cost some money. I think a 10 dollar donation from all members interested would completely cover it. With money left, I can buy some gatorade, food, mouthguards, etc for everyone. My club has a relationship with this school so I can probably work something out.
    But first, I'd like to guage some interest.

If any instructors in full-contact/grappling arts on this forum would like to participate, we can schedule a short seminar / coaching session if you guys think that'd be fun. No $$$ compensation though.

The date would be anywhere as soon as end of June to as late as early Fall.

What do you guys think?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2009 12:46pm

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may be up for it. I've been training BJJ for a month and a half now, and I'd like to see some more of the bullies around here. Tallahassee's just a hop, skip, and jump away from central FL, so I may be up for it if it gets really well organized.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    6/11/2009 5:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, anyone else up for it? Any UCF, UF, FSU, USF students? Georgia peeps?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 7:18pm

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Schedule permitting I might try to make it up. It is a long drive from down here though.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 8:08pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can probably make it. Depending on when it is! I've been wanting to go to a throwdown for a while.

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 9:18pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oddly, I think I'll be down that way the second week of July. Where would we do it in Gainesville, dwkfym? The O'Dome gymnasium? :smile:
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Yours truly

Posted On:
    6/14/2009 3:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to ask sensei keith at the local school. Or my club can host an "open tourney" like the judo club does at the o-dome, but if we do that, we have to wait until the beginning of the semester. (of course, there would be nothing truly competitive about the TD) This would also depend on the turnout..

Lets try to isolate a date then. Here is my thing though, I'll be out of country from July 17th to Aug 22nd, I'd really prefer to do it after that. I have to get ready for finals all of july before I leave the country.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2009 4:21pm

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I was going to ask sensei keith at the local school. Or my club can host an "open tourney" like the judo club does at the o-dome, but if we do that, we have to wait until the beginning of the semester. (of course, there would be nothing truly competitive about the TD) This would also depend on the turnout..

Lets try to isolate a date then. Here is my thing though, I'll be out of country from July 17th to Aug 22nd, I'd really prefer to do it after that. I have to get ready for finals all of july before I leave the country.
    Early Sept, late August is do-able; though I will be in school, I can probably still make it.

Posted On:
    6/14/2009 6:22pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I'll be out of country from July 17th to Aug 22nd, I'd really prefer to do it after that. I have to get ready for finals all of july before I leave the country.
    Ah, well. That counts me out of it as I'll only be passing through at the beginning of July.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2009 7:16pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should be able to make it around that time.
Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast