Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    6/28/2009 6:09pm

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dozer View Post
    Eh, could be worse. My last girl broke into my house and stole my Wii...Bitch.
    And your whisk too.

@ OP - Seems like you did a good job handling this. I don't know if I'd necessarily have taken the same tact, as I don't trust cops in general, but that doesn't mean they can't be decent human beings either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 11:29am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings.

I don't know if I'd necessarily have taken the same tact, as I don't trust cops in general, but that doesn't mean they can't be decent human beings either.
    He was blatantly disregarding the law, apparently. Would you have not taken that tact, or do you mean to say that if it were you who was blatantly disregarding the law, you would've attempted to hide it from the police? Because I promise you in the circumstances described they would've found out anyway and would've charged him/you.

P.S.

Canadia's gun laws are dumb and all Canadia's gun owners should move somewhere else.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 8:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Various Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knave View Post
    Greetings.

He was blatantly disregarding the law, apparently. Would you have not taken that tact, or do you mean to say that if it were you who was blatantly disregarding the law, you would've attempted to hide it from the police? Because I promise you in the circumstances described they would've found out anyway and would've charged him/you.

P.S.

Canadia's gun laws are dumb and all Canadia's gun owners should move somewhere else.
    LOL!!!!!!

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 9:24pm

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well obviously (implied eye rolling) the proper thing to do would have been to come out shooting.

What I was referring to was him being open and talkative with the police. I also go by the "shut up when around cops" mindset. With few exceptions recently, almost every single experience I've ever had with cops has been negative. I've never been arrested, booked, handcuffed, put in the back of a squad car, or anything like that. One thing I've learned firsthand and been told is not to trust cops, they are NOT your friends, and it's not an unsafe bet that the "innocent" questioning or supposed sympathy are just more attempts to get you to talk and implicate yourself. I'll leave it at that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2009 11:10pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    Well obviously (implied eye rolling) the proper thing to do would have been to come out shooting.

One thing I've learned firsthand and been told is not to trust cops, they are NOT your friends, and it's not an unsafe bet that the "innocent" questioning or supposed sympathy are just more attempts to get you to talk and implicate yourself. I'll leave it at that.
    Wait. Shouldn't this be in the LEO forum?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 12:47am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings.

With few exceptions recently, almost every single experience I've ever had with cops has been negative. I've never been arrested, booked, handcuffed, put in the back of a squad car, or anything like that.
    Well then, if you've never been arrested, booked, handcuffed, put in the back of a car, or anything like that, I would have to say that none of your experiences with cops have been negative.

Anyway, the primary goal and responsibility of police officers would be to identify law breakers, detain them, charge them, and assist in their prosecution. Any amount of public safety and welfare is secondary and in many situations incidental to that.

That said, I can tell you the two things that all cops universally hate: liars and bad attitudes (silence and a lack of cooperation will almost always be looked at as one if not both). Cops have alot of discretion when it comes to non-felony crimes, and even some discretion when it comes to acts that could be construed as felonious depending on interpretation of facts or statements.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 1:50pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to hang out with a cop at the local game store. The store is located in the local mall, in a shitty town, filled with punks with bad attitudes.

One afternoon Dave (the cop) and I are hanging out in the store killing time and a fight breaks out right in front of the store. Dave steps out, is in plain clothes, and goes to break up the fight. One of the kids takes a swing at him, Dave dodges the haymaker and takes the kid to the ground, chicken winging him. At this point the other kid involved in the fight decides to split and the rent-a-cops show up. The RAC starts yelling at Dave for "fighting" and asks him "what the hell do you think your doing?" Dave then fishes his badge out from under his shirt, and shows the RAC. The look on the kids face when he realized he had taken a swing at an officer... priceless.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Infidel

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 7:50pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings.

Hindsight is 20/20 though.
    Following directions from the police seems like the intelligent thing to do.
    Hands up
    Stop resisting
    Don't run
    Stop aiming a gun at us.

But how many youtube videos have we seen of average joe blow citizen getting fucked up by police because they chose to ignore common sense [where common sense is submitting to 6 guys with tasers pistols and clubs]

Another key issue is the whole returning vet from war thing.
    When police tried to detain my buddy the swat team came within a cunts hair of putting rounds into him. He was all PTSD'd out and not thinking. Only thing that saved him was that the swat team leader was ex military and knew how to approach him and what to say.

How many gun fights have the LEO guys here been in?
    How many have the guys who have been over seas been in?
    Take a wigged out soldier who has high powered weapons, extensive gun fighter training real world experience military kit (body armor, night vision, possible pyrotechnics) and maybe a little mentally unhinged and now your arresting police force has a possible ticking time bomb on their hands.

I was actually being thanked by the police as my little **** up gave them some serious feedback when dealing with army dinks and they had numerous after action reports over it.

But like Knave said, I blatently disregarded the law and if I hung for it I'd have no one else to blame except myelf. I treated the police a certain way and inturn got treated the same way back.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 9:51pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Take a wigged out soldier who has high powered weapons, extensive gun fighter training real world experience military kit (body armor, night vision, possible pyrotechnics) and maybe a little mentally unhinged and now your arresting police force has a possible ticking time bomb on their hands.
    Not to sound to incredulous, but, in Canada? How many incidents in the last year or two years can you identify?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345