Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2009 5:09pm

Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtDutch View Post
    I actually have worn Vision uniforms, and I am more comfortable in them then the more expensive Adidas uniforms that I have tried. You can get them without the Olympic rings as well. They are also the vendor for the state uniforms for the Nationals this year, so I have been thinking about getting the state uniform from them too.
    Do you by chance have a link for the state uniforms? That sounds really cool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2009 5:19pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    Do you by chance have a link for the state uniforms? That sounds really cool.
    No they were special order forms sent to USAT members that qualified for the Nationals, it is not listed in their regular catalog.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 8:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about the "heavy" dobaks? or are those just to make noobs like me spend more money?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 10:23pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I'd forgotten about Daedo. I did recently get the Kwon catalog and their uniforms all look nice. Just discovered the Nike v-necks online as never seen anyone wearing one. Also discovered a brand called Tekno that looks really nice.

Anyone worn the Vision or Pine Tree Sang Moo Sa brands? Well actually I think the Vision has too much embroidery on it; I mean I don't want the Olympic rings on my dobak. Perhaps Vision is intended for those training for the team though?!
    I have one of the Sang Moo Sa Doboks, but not V-Neck.. They are a little bit cheaply made IMO. Not worth it when you can pay a little more and get a much better Dobok from Mooto or addidas.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenfield View Post
    What about the "heavy" dobaks? or are those just to make noobs like me spend more money?
    Having used both, I prefer the light Dobak for sparring, and the heavier style for forms. Although, the "lightest" (ex., Mooto Exterra) ones for sparring competition can be just as expensive as the "heavy" ones.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 9:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to figure out where I might fit on the sizing chart on this page, but it didn't seem to compute.

I'm 6'4" and weigh in at about 250 lbs., and after conversions, I didn't seem to fit into the chart at all.

Anyone know how a Century size 6 might translate?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 10:06pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by padre View Post
    I tried to figure out where I might fit on the sizing chart on this page, but it didn't seem to compute.

I'm 6'4" and weigh in at about 250 lbs., and after conversions, I didn't seem to fit into the chart at all.

My Century V-Neck is a little bit big on me.. It's a size 5.. I weigh about 200 lbs. and right at 6'..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2009 1:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by padre View Post

The size numbers are supposed to be equivalent to a height in cm. A size 6 uniform is a 200cm uniform. It should fit someone up too 6' 6". The weight may concern you, because they figure that at 6' 6" you should weigh about 210lbs. However the elastic waistband should stretch just as well as your Century uniform.

For your size and weight I would try a size 7. I wear a size 6. I am 6' even and 195lbs. The pants are a little long but all I have to do is fold over the waist band. I have worn a size 5 and they fit me, but the top feels a little too short, so I prefer a size larger. On that chart that you linked, it only goes up to a size 6, but they sell a size 7. I suspect that a size 7 will fit you the way a size 6 fits me. Of course, if a 7 is a little too long you can always get the trousers hemmed!
    Last edited by SgtDutch; 7/15/2009 1:49am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2009 3:28am

Style: MMA, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd also suggest trying the 7.
    I'm 6'2-3" and wear a 6(200). The Mooto uniforms are slightly larger than other companies, I think a 7 will fit you easily.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2009 7:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks.

I've dropped between 15 and 20 lbs since I started training, despite adding a good bit of muscle mass. "Weight" is just a dodgy way to determine much of anything, really.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast