Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    6/11/2009 8:01am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was, and you two were missed. You really should try to make it next year . . . it's a great time.
    http://thearmedschoolteacher.blogspo...o-roundup.html

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    6/11/2009 10:05am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was very disappointed to miss it but had a kickboxing tournament the same weekend :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 12:30am

Style: Over substance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had the chance to play with tavor. I shoot left-handed, and this is a bullpup that can be configured to accommodate lefties. I love the ergonomics, it points naturally, and the trigger pull is smooth. The only reason I am not trading in my AR15 is optics. The tavor's optic cannot be changed, and I just put an Acog on my AR that cost more than the rifle.
    Also, bullpus add sex apeal to whomever is holding them :)

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 1:20am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a relief. I can use some.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 7:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice, the australian military uses a version of this. wikipedia tells me it's called the "F88 Austeyr".

that's my cousin adam btw.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 9:49am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want a grenade launcher on my gun :(
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 10:39am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing that has kept me from a Steyr Aug is the price, and living in NY. I am sure they would find something wrong with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 12:17pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    One look at a bullpup should immediately convince a miltary procurer the superiority of the design concept. With specimens like this one and the FN2000 available, why the hell modern miltaries still use the venerable M-16/M-4 is beyond me.
    Complexity of construction is one thing.

Also, if the rifle is designed to be fired right handed and your a left handed shooter, your gonna have cases slamming into your cheeks, unless the rifles is a bottom ejector or something
    Last edited by FLMKane; 6/16/2009 12:33pm at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 12:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    The IMI Galil has a bottle opener on the stock. Good G-d that'd come in handy!
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 7:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    this whole time you could have joined our army and been paid to use one.

you just can't take it home with you...

here is a description of the models we use from wiki:

Australian

* F88 Austeyr: The Australian Army's modified version of the Steyr AUG A1. Changes for the Australian version include a bayonet lug, a 1:7 rifling twist as found in the M16A2 optimised for the heavier 62-grain NATO standard round (SS109/M855), a cross hair inside the circular 'doughnut' reticle, and an "automatic lockout" selector that can physically lock out the fully automatic position of the 2-stage trigger mechanism found on the standard AUG. The AUG won a competition against the prototype of what would become the Bushmaster M17S. The components are built under license at the Australian Defence Industries factory in Lithgow, New South Wales (now known as Thales Australia).[18]
    * F88C Austeyr: A carbine version of the Austeyr F88 featuring a shorter, 407 mm (16.0 in) barrel. The F88C is generally used as a personal defensive weapon where maneuverability is an issue, such as in armoured vehicles.
    * F88S Austeyr: A version of the Australian Austeyr F88 with an integrated Picatinny rail in place of the standard optic that allows the attachment of various sights (night vision devices, magnified and non-magnified optics such as the ELCAN C79, Trijicon ACOG or Aimpoint).
    * F88S-A1C: The Austeyr F88S-A1C is a compact variant of the F88 fitted with a Picatinny rail. The rifle has a 407 mm (16.0 in) barrel. Typically issued to front-line combat infantry units with room and weight constraints such as cavalry, reconnaissance, light horse, paratroopers and airfield defence guards (RAAF).
    * F88 GLA: Australian Army version with an M203 grenade launcher. It features an Inter-bar (armourer attached) interface, an RM Equipment M203PI grenade launcher, and a Knight's Armament quadrant sight assembly to which a Firepoint red dot sight is attached. The bayonet lugs and forward vertical foregrip are removed.
    * F88T: ADI has developed a .22-caliber training rifle for use by the Australian Army. The rifle provides an economical training alternative, with very low ammunition cost, which can be used in environmentally sensitive training areas and ranges where "overshooting" is an issue, and there is less likely of a chance to injure instructors and other persons.[18] Also used by the Australian Defence Force Cadets.
    * Austeyr F88A4: ADI’s proposed F88A4 will incorporate multiple Picatinny rails for the fitting of legacy systems such as the M203P1 40 mm grenade launcher as well as both commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and military off-the-shelf (MOTS) sighting and battle enhancement accessories. Also it must be noted that the A4 has only been bought in limited numbers (reportedly only 10 units) for evaluation purposes.
    * DSTO Advanced Individual Combat Weapon: Experimental weapon combining the barrel, action and magazine of a Austeyr F88 with an enlarged receiver and stock/body that also incorporates a multiple-shot 40 mm grenade launcher.
    Last edited by danno; 6/16/2009 7:24pm at .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234