Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 11:51am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like my little bullpup, but I can see a lot of reasons to pick an AR-15 over the bullpups I'm familiar with. Off the top of my head, magazine reloading is clumsier and significantly slower (though this gun has a button on the side for magazine release which makes for a quicker reload than the original Styr AUG), and it's not as versatile in it's configurations since other than changing what's on the rail what you see is what you get.

The gun is cool as hell though and the fact that it's such a tiny rifle with a 16" barrel is the bomb.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 11:55am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    One look at a bullpup should immediately convince a miltary procurer the superiority of the design concept.
    I wouldn't say the design is superior than a forward magazine well based rifle, its just different. The only major design plus factor in a pullpup over a conventional system is the ability to shorten the weapon's overall length without compromising accuracy over distances up to 500m. (depending on the quality of the ammunition and skill of the marksman of course)

Also, whilst I'm not an authority on the subject; the rifles I've fired using the bullpup design can only be fired from one shoulder (which-ever that was designed for) whereas, it is generally possible to fire conventional magazine well based weapons from both.

Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 12:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think heavy trigger pulls may be inherent to bullpup designs with mechanical actuation. The linkage between the trigger and the action is very long. Electronic actuation is one answer, but it has other problems.

I'll be interested to hear if the trigger can at least be made crisp. I'll take heavy but crisp over light but creepy.

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 12:25pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's also the small issue of the repeated small explosions that take place much closer to your face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 12:28pm

Style: mozambique drill

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    One look at a bullpup should immediately convince a miltary procurer the superiority of the design concept. With specimens like this one and the FN2000 available, why the hell modern miltaries still use the venerable M-16/M-4 is beyond me.
    Oddly enough, it seems a lot of elite western military units us the M4 or C8

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 1:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    There's also the small issue of the repeated small explosions that take place much closer to your face.
    I don't love that, but I have dealt before. If I have justified confidence in the rifle's design, I am not too worried whether it is a bullpup or not. If I don't, I am worried either way.

I find it hard to overcome a bad trigger pull.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 1:13pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by attakmint View Post
    Oddly enough, it seems a lot of elite western military units us the M4 or C8
    Because the volume of availability and relative low cost has much to do with that, rather than anything else.

Oh and let's not forget politics, policy also effects who buys and uses what.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 1:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Jihad View Post
    Because the volume of availability and relative low cost has much to do with that, rather than anything else.
    There is that. Industrialized armies don't want it perfect; they want it good enough, in quantities of a million, delivered by Tuesday.

As I've remarked before in another thread, that theory wins wars.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My rifle was a bit over $2k, so not the cheapest rifle by any means.

I'm planning on installing a Trigger Tamer at some point, which is supposed to reduce the trigger pull by about 1/3rd and make it significantly more pleasant to shoot. I'll report in after I give it a go.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 1:27pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    My gun has no sights as of yet. I'm planning on putting some Magpul back up sights on the gun so I can have something to aim with right away, then throw some sort of optic on it once I decide which one I want. So far I've been considering an Aimpoint Micro, Trijicon Reflex, Trijicon RMR... maybe a couple others.
    If you want to borrow it until you get another optic, I have a red dot sight that will mount on the rail (I believe). I can drop it off at your gym or wherever.

Edit: Mounts on standard 5/8'' dovetail rail.
    Last edited by BadUglyMagic; 6/08/2009 1:39pm at .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast