Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2009 11:16am

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaHighlnder View Post
    I liked Josh. I never had an issue with him...he was just echoing everything Mr. Jones was saying that day, using himself as an example of being able to "get over" asthma... which you don't really do. He probably has a mild case that rarely bothers him, or it bothered him for his younger years and subsided. I have a moderate case that bothers me certain times of the year because it's usually triggered by allergies. But I thought he was pretty cool actually. I never saw him in action much because I think he had an injury going on at the time.

Everything Jones does is about ego. Just look at the signature of his e-mails...he just needs to impress people to make himself feel better. Nobody I've gotten messages from, including Clyde O'Briant and Steve LaBounty, has that stuff in their signature. He's apparently very insecure and needs people to be impressed with him to feel better. If you question him or anything about him, his ego goes into panic mode. Al Farnsworth was the same way.

How do these guys get away with this?
    For Jones, he was legitimized a long time ago. Since there are no national ranking organization akin to Judo in Kenpo, no one can bring him to task. So, he starts his own organization and does as he pleases.

I can't see the guy staying in business much longer with that attitude. Jones is the way he is because deep down inside, he knows that his **** doesn't work and he can't fight.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 6:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, You have save my kenpo soul !!!
    I close to make a huge mistake.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 6:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by godanpepe View Post
    Guys, You have save my kenpo soul !!!
    I close to make a huge mistake.
    Please elaborate. I have got to hear this!

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 7:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "one mouth to talk, two ears for ear...and ten fingers to write" LOL
    I havenīt too much to say, but I tell you serious, the guy is able to sell sand in the desert ! I almost bougth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 7:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by godanpepe View Post
    "one mouth to talk, two ears for ear...and ten fingers to write" LOL
    I havenīt too much to say, but I tell you serious, the guy is able to sell sand in the desert ! I almost bougth.
    You don't know how lucky you are! Where are you training now? You might checkout the Karate Nation school on Wigwam and Pecos. My old instructor, Brian Hoff, is teaching out of there. He is a good guy and knows his ****.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 7:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know I am lucky ! Thanks .
    I donīt wanna tell you more, cause I prefer to be discrete, you know better.
    Thanks guys.

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 11:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tai chi, qi gung, kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I came across Bob Jones kwoon looking for a new school to attend, closer to home so I could ride my bike there. I went there with my husband and ended signing the Student Application form, which made me feel uneasy about it asking for my Soc Sec #. After that we scheduled an "introductory class".
    I don't know if I'm being offensive in saying, the first thing that worried me was the beer belly. I mean, my husband and I have done a lot in the past year to lose weight (especially since my husband is morbidly obese). Our Sifu, where we took Tai Chi and Kung Fu classes worried about my husband's knees taking badly the strain of Kung Fu, so told him to practice Tai Chi, Qi Gung, until he lost the weight to make his legs stronger. When we talked to Bob Jones, he laughed at that and said "you need to try my system to lose weight" and in the back of my head I was thinking 'how can you tell my husband you'll help him lose weight, if your system hasn't helped you lose your belly?" Not trying to be disrespectful here, but it really bugged me.
    Originally I was the one to take classes, since we couldn't afford both. But the hubby got the guts and said he'd do the introductory class with me, to test himself. So we called the kwoon and rescheduled, which for some reason I can't understand, really ticked Jones off. He was really disrespectful on the phone and told my husband matter of factly that if we rescheduled then we'd never do it. Again, I thought, I'm moving at the end of the month and we came by just to check out the place and see the pricing (which he refused to give before the introductory class), we can't even afford to start paying for classes until mid august. So why is he so pushy and relentless?
    My hubby was okay with it, and we scheduled midweek because apparently Jones goes on a vacation next week.
    So, thank goodness, I got curious to find out about his system. He kept name-dropping and truthfully, that doesn't mean much to me since I'm completely ignorant to the whole kenpo scene. But then he dissed Kung Fu stances, and used the word "my system" like a thousand times. So I wanted to know where he got it from, or how he formed it or whatever. Couldn't find a dang thing. In other places I usually can find "lineage", with his "system" I couldn't find anything, anywhere. I found out what the words meant, but that's about it. He also tried to impress us showing us a stance and how he has a specific move than a master praised because it's related to "energy". I looked at his stance and thought "Sifu would have had him go lower, and straighten his back". Very poor posture, but he's so over-confident, we signed the dang papers anyway. When I found this website last night I felt blessed to have found it and not gotten sucked into a contract, but then my husband wondered 'what DID we sign? why did it have our soc sec on it?'
    Now we're both concerned about that "application". Do you think it's some "binding" kind of paper? I feel better about the impression Jones gave me after reading these posts and learning about his past and where his "system" really comes from. Thanks for posting it. You saved me. And hopefully nothing bad will happen from those applications we signed. Thanks again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 2:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamh55meyh View Post
    When I found this website last night I felt blessed to have found it and not gotten sucked into a contract, but then my husband wondered 'what DID we sign? why did it have our soc sec on it?'
    Now we're both concerned about that "application". Do you think it's some "binding" kind of paper?
    What is there to "wonder" about? Did you and your husband not read the application? Did you not ask for a copy for your own records? If you had done either of those things you would know what you signed and whether it's binding.

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 3:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tai chi, qi gung, kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gee, thanks, dude. If you didn't say that I would have been lost. I'm asking because I thought someone, especially the person fighting legally the contract, could tell me if the dude could be dishonest enough to lower himself to identity theft, but oh well. I guess I need to be more specific in my gratitude. Thanks Clyde for your post, it saved me from signing a contract or even going back there!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123