224521 Bullies, 3623 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 65 of 65
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. pokeroo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    614

    Posted On:
    6/08/2009 1:56pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th View Post
    The relevant definition is bolded.



    That "factoid" was central to your argument that Tasers are dangerous. I've already shown you that you were wrong and explained to you what it is that you probably heard. An admission of error would go a long towards making not look like a total idiot.



    Of course not, because that would require you to actually admit your error.
    you have not completely convinced me that tasers are harmless. The burden of proof would matter if I was trying to convince a neutral party such as in a formal debate. I remember what I heard on t.v. and just because I can not find the clip does not mean that I'm wrong. I have already admitted that I made a mistake earlier when I said I may be wrong. I didn't say that I am wrong because I am not certain that I am. There is a difference between being unable to prove your position and being wrong.
  2. thatrugbyguy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    S. Ontario
    Posts
    465

    Posted On:
    6/08/2009 3:28pm


     Style: Krotty/Crapple/Goonery

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post
    you have not completely convinced me that tasers are harmless. The burden of proof would matter if I was trying to convince a neutral party such as in a formal debate. I remember what I heard on t.v. and just because I can not find the clip does not mean that I'm wrong. I have already admitted that I made a mistake earlier when I said I may be wrong. I didn't say that I am wrong because I am not certain that I am. There is a difference between being unable to prove your position and being wrong.
    In this case you are both. The news misreported or you made and error of comprehension or just don't remember it accurately.
  3. Caboose is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2

    Posted On:
    8/07/2009 5:54am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but saw this recently and I haven't seen it on here before. It is a police training video or seminar from the early 90's (I'd say) with Shoto Tanemura.

    Dailymotion - shoto tanemura - self défense - Part 1 - une vidéo Sports et Extrême@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5848i_shoto@@AMEPARAM@@x5848i_shoto
  4. Caboose is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2

    Posted On:
    8/07/2009 7:52am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but saw this recently and I haven't seen it on here before. It is a police training video or seminar from the early 90's (I'd say) with Shoto Tanemura.

    Dailymotion - shoto tanemura - self défense - Part 1 - une vidéo Sports et Extrême
    This clip is part two of the above with some knife techniques at the end.

    Dailymotion - shoto tanemura - self defense - Part 2 - une vidéo Sports et Extrême@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x58anh_shoto@@AMEPARAM@@x58anh_shoto
  5. ttankzero is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    110

    Posted On:
    8/07/2009 8:37am


     Style: Ex-TKD, Crappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    This clip is part two of the above with some knife techniques at the end.

    Dailymotion - shoto tanemura - self defense - Part 2 - une vidéo Sports et Extrême

    Did you see the pictures presented earlier in this thread?

    You're not going to be able to reliably defend against a stabbing attacker, even if you train one hour 4 days a week for a month. It's similar to assume that there's some way a boxer could make himself immune to ever getting struck to someone else's punch... It's possible in SPECIFIC INSTANCES, but there has to be a huge skill level deficient on the side of the opponent.

    I'm afraid that this training may give police officers a false sense of security. It is probably better for a cop to respond to a deadly threat with deadly force. If a crazy/drugged up/imbred/retarded criminal doesn't want shot, all he has to do is not act like he wants to kill a cop.

    I'm sure you will have to agree, it's much simpler this way.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.