221996 Bullies, 4307 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 65
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. rw4th is offline
    rw4th's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,022

    Posted On:
    6/07/2009 11:12pm


     Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post
    I may have been mistaken about how Canada since changed its use of Tasers by law enforcement.
    No, you WERE mistaken. Try actually admitting you made an error and were speaking out of your ass, it'll make you look like less of an uninformed idiot. Next, try actually reading the very real research on the Taser and it's effect on the human body and you might actually develop an informed opinion rather then one based on news media induced hysteria.

    There are instances where the Taser has been misused, but there are plenty of times when a person has to be controlled and it's either a Taser ride or a beating with an ASP and the Taser is way less likelly to cause any permanent damage.
    <insert witty comment>
  2. pokeroo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    614

    Posted On:
    6/07/2009 11:41pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th View Post
    No, you WERE mistaken. Try actually admitting you made an error and were speaking out of your ass, it'll make you look like less of an uninformed idiot. Next, try actually reading the very real research on the Taser and it's effect on the human body and you might actually develop an informed opinion rather then one based on news media induced hysteria.

    There are instances where the Taser has been misused, but there are plenty of times when a person has to be controlled and it's either a Taser ride or a beating with an ASP and the Taser is way less likelly to cause any permanent damage.
    I recall pretty clearly them saying something about how tasers are to be used only in life or death situations. If you are so big on backing up claims please prove me wrong.

    I was not talking out of my ass I was speaking from my memory of a newscast from a while ago. I may have been correct, I can't find that exact newscast. All you have done is just say no. You are the one who has failed to back up what you have said.

    I only offered my opinion and a anecdote of something I have seen on the news. If you want to pick at something go somewhere else. If you want to have a debate about the safety of tasers start another thread and do it with someone else.
    Last edited by pokeroo; 6/07/2009 11:47pm at . Reason: removed statements asking for rw4th for a reply because I don't want to debate tasers with her.
  3. rw4th is offline
    rw4th's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,022

    Posted On:
    6/08/2009 12:04am


     Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post
    If you are so big on backing up claims please prove me wrong.
    Prove what wrong? Show me something somewhere that says that "Canada" labeled the Taser as lethal force. It's YOUR claim, so it's YOUR job to show something that backs it up. That's how so called "regular discussions" are had between intelligent adults.

    Show me specifically where it says tasers are supposed to be used by canadian law enforcement whenever it is convenient.
    It doesn't say that anywhere, nor did I ever claim that it did. I called you on your statement that Canada labeled the Taser as deadly force.

    You have been ambiguous as to what exactly you disagree with, and you have been unreasonable about having a regular discussion.
    I haven't been ambiguous about anything. YOU made a claim and I called you on it. The burden is on YOU to back it up. Let see you dig up a news story somewhere that backs up your statement, then we can continue the discussion there.
    <insert witty comment>
  4. Kempoist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    133

    Posted On:
    6/08/2009 12:14am


     Style: Kempo, Catch Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempoist View Post
    The actual term we use is "Less than lethal" not "non-lethal"
    Let me correct myself...the term is "Less Lethal"
  5. pokeroo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    614

    Posted On:
    6/08/2009 12:19am


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th View Post
    Prove what wrong? Show me something somewhere that says that "Canada" labeled the Taser as lethal force. It's YOUR claim, so it's YOUR job to show something that backs it up. That's how so called "regular discussions" are had between intelligent adults.



    It doesn't say that anywhere, nor did I ever claim that it did. I called you on your statement that Canada labeled the Taser as deadly force.



    I haven't been ambiguous about anything. YOU made a claim and I called you on it. The burden is on YOU to back it up. Let see you dig up a news story somewhere that backs up your statement, then we can continue the discussion there.
    Well this is the first time you have been specific as to what you have called me on. Anyway, I am not going to argue with you on this. I am pretty sure that I am right on this or something very similar was said in the newscast. If you like you can choose not to believe me, or you can look for it yourself if it interests you that much.
  6. rw4th is offline
    rw4th's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,022

    Posted On:
    6/08/2009 12:53am


     Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post
    Well this is the first time you have been specific as to what you have called me on.
    You posted the statement, I quoted it and asked you to support it. It's not my fault if you lack basic reading comprehension skills.

    Anyway, I am not going to argue with you on this. I am pretty sure that I am right on this or something very similar was said in the newscast. If you like you can choose not to believe me, or you can look for it yourself if it interests you that much.
    YOU made the claim, YOU used it as supporting evidence in your thesis that Tasers are dangerous, and now you can't be bothered to actually provide supporting evidence for it? How do you expect anybody to take anything you have to say seriously?

    Since it's obvious by now that you've probably tried to find something to support your statement but failed miserably because it doesn't exist and that you're probably to immature to post that you were wrong, let me do your work for you. What you probably heard are statements that various "people" (namely anti-police activists) have at various times called for the Taser to be labeled as deadly force. However no policy, regulation or law anywhere has ever been passed to this effect in Canada.

    If you want to bother learning something from this and start forming an opinion from actual facts rather then hype, you could actually look up the studies that have been done to support Taser use. What you will quickly realize is that:

    1) They save lives and reduce injuries for both officers and criminals
    2) People who have died after being Tased have rarely, if ever, died as a result of being Tased. Try researching "in custody death syndrome".
    3) Yes, there have been abuses and some organization's usage policies need to be revised. I won't make excuses for those abuses, but I continue to maintain that Tasing is a much better way for officers to gain control of a non-cooperative person then a lot of the alternatives.
    <insert witty comment>
  7. TheLordHumungus is offline
    TheLordHumungus's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lemoyne (Harrisburg Area), Pennsylvania
    Posts
    417

    Posted On:
    6/08/2009 1:02am


     Style: Wrestling, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    I watched this video when I was a security guy back in Yosemite in the 90's. It scared the **** out of me. I thought, "thanks for showing me how easy it is to get killed and providing NO training to prevent it."

    I remember the video of the thai policemen getting killed by a guy with a knife while trying to shoo the guy. And some kung fu dude who really sucked.

    The scariest thing was the prison inmates practicing killing cops by stabbing that area on the shoulder. Who the **** taught them that?
    I haven't been able to find the vid showing the prison inmates practicing killing cops by stabbing that area on the shoulder. Is there downloadable vid of that? Just curious.
  8. pokeroo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    614

    Posted On:
    6/08/2009 1:30am


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th View Post

    YOU made the claim, YOU used it as supporting evidence in your thesis that Tasers are dangerous, and now you can't be bothered to actually provide supporting evidence for it? How do you expect anybody to take anything you have to say seriously?
    You think I'm doing a research paper or something? What thesis? I quoted a factoid of something I saw on the news, and you kept asking for proof. I'd be much more careful if I were writing a research paper. And no, I haven't done any searching of any kind for anything recently. I've made it pretty clear that I'm not going to have a debate with you on this.
  9. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    6/08/2009 6:08am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLordHumungus View Post
    I haven't been able to find the vid showing the prison inmates practicing killing cops by stabbing that area on the shoulder. Is there downloadable vid of that? Just curious.
    It is on the full "Surviving Edged Weapons" video. FYI they are stabbing the neck.
  10. rw4th is offline
    rw4th's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,022

    Posted On:
    6/08/2009 1:07pm


     Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post
    You think I'm doing a research paper or something? What thesis?
    the⋅sis
      /ˈθisɪs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [thee-sis] Show IPA
    –noun, plural -ses  /-siz/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [-seez] Show IPA .
    1. a proposition stated or put forward for consideration, esp. one to be discussed and proved or to be maintained against objections: He vigorously defended his thesis on the causes of war.
    2. a subject for a composition or essay.
    3. a dissertation on a particular subject in which one has done original research, as one presented by a candidate for a diploma or degree.
    4. Music. the downward stroke in conducting; downbeat. Compare arsis (def. 1).
    5. Prosody.
    a. a part of a metrical foot that does not bear the ictus or stress.
    b. (less commonly) the part of a metrical foot that bears the ictus. Compare arsis (def. 2).
    6. Philosophy. See under Hegelian dialectic.
    The relevant definition is bolded.

    I quoted a factoid of something I saw on the news, and you kept asking for proof.
    That "factoid" was central to your argument that Tasers are dangerous. I've already shown you that you were wrong and explained to you what it is that you probably heard. An admission of error would go a long towards making not look like a total idiot.

    I've made it pretty clear that I'm not going to have a debate with you on this.
    Of course not, because that would require you to actually admit your error.
    <insert witty comment>
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.