Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/31/2009 3:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

does anyone know if the arizona combat sports gym is a good mma gym?

their site is under construction and i think i read that the ufc signed 2 of their fighters so if anyone has any information about them would you please let me know. thank you God bless

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    5/31/2009 3:59am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrmnc View Post
    their site is under construction and i think i read that the ufc signed 2 of their fighters so if anyone has any information about them would you please let me know. thank you God bless
    They also have a WEC champ in Jamie Varner. Yes, it's a good MMA gym, especially if it's close by. They have at least 3 NCAA All-American wrestlers in Ryan Bader, CB Dollaway and Aaron Simpson. The jits instructor, Gustavo Dantas, is a black belt under Andre Pederneiras (who is BJ Penn's instructor).

I don't know enough about Muay Thai to know if the Lally brothers are legit, but I used to train with Tito Jones, who was with AZ Combat Sports before coming to Sacramento and is a 2-time Golden Gloves boxer. I don't think he'd have anything bad to say about the gym.
    Last edited by Ka-Bar; 5/31/2009 4:02am at .

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/31/2009 8:18am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CB Dollaway and Ryan Bader are pretty good pieces of anecdotal evidence that the gym can turn someone with a work ethic into something.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.