Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2002 8:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    > PD, You tell me some Fat out of shape slob is going to thrash someone in good shape!?!?! Come on even you can't beleive this. Tell you what find some lard ass give him some BJJ lessons and send him my way. Once I am done tying lard ass into a knot I will send him back.

... which is cutting things out of context and has absolutely nothing to do with what was actually said above.

> Dude if you SUCK you SUCK, PERIOD!!! I don't give a **** what you are training in.

Yeah, when you take it to the "teach Hawking BJJ" type of extreme then it is "the practitioner, not the style", but doing so is absurd.

What DOES matter, Asia, is that if you're an AVERAGE stylist, and the other guy is average stylist, and your style is BJJ while his is some kung fu crap you'll own him.
    And if you're a top level guy, and he is as well, and you're a BJJer while he is a kung fu guy you'll own him again.

You don't come to reasonable conclusions by shoving your head deep up your ass and yelling about irrelevant extremes from there, you never will.

Like I said, it is both the style AND the practitioner, with style having the edge.

- Stipe -

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/25/2002 3:18am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sober now and can give a better retort. Cutting out your other dribble I skip straight to this.

>Like I said, it is both the style AND the practitioner, with style having the edge.

No. The PERSON generally is the deciding factor. We can give all sorts of hypothetical scenarios to try to suit our needs but going solely off of style vs style is not going do it (we all agreed that is stupid) If we start taking into acount things like the physical condition of the fighters, level of instruction, level of instensity, amount of experience, etc. These things deal with the individual more than the art.

And to say that an out of shape guy is going to beat someone ins good atheletic condition just because he trained in BJJ is not only illogical but STUPID.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2002 3:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If two fighters are of equal skill and experiance, the one with the better style will win.

If two fighters are of equal style, the one with the most experiance will win.

If all else is equal, the better conditioned fighter will win.

If both fighters are equally conditioned, the one with the best style, OR most experiance will win.

And there you have it!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2002 6:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    > No. The PERSON generally is the deciding factor.

If we're talking about two guys that are both actually *training* in different styles, and we are and were doing so from the beginning, it is not.

> And to say that an out of shape guy is going to beat someone ins good atheletic condition just because he trained in BJJ is not only illogical but STUPID.

Yeah, right.
    First off he'd get in SOME shape just from the grappling classes, and second, it'd take him a minute to choke the other guy out.

EOD.

- Stipe -

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 3:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And this fat slob with so so shape is going to do what when his teeth are at the back of his mouth? Two years is plenty of time to get somewhat good at stiking. This whole grappling is king stuff doesn't even wash in the UFC anymore.

Tripe,

You make me laugh so hard, I get cramps. Your opinions of course are comeing from somebody with all the experience of a video rental card.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 8:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    > Two years is plenty of time to get somewhat good at stiking. This whole grappling is king stuff doesn't even wash in the UFC anymore.

Cuz everyone learned to grapple, moron.

> You make me laugh so hard, I get cramps.

Yeah, you sound like that.

> Your opinions of course are comeing from somebody with all the experience of a video rental card.

So your opinion is that all styles are equal?

- Stipe -
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234