Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    > YOU are the one who started claiming you couldn't what to beat this art and that.

I don't understand.

> I practice one of the arts you dissed.

Then you're wasting your time.

> I challenged you (I knew you wouldn't accept

For one thing, I'm not ready for MMA tourneys (yet) and I said so myself a looong time ago so "knowing I wouldn't accept" is a no brainer.

2 years earlier I was in the ring with kickboxers tho.

For another, you do BJJ, which I cannot do in Croatia. That's quite an unfair disadvantage, no?

- Stipe -

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >For another, you do BJJ, which I cannot do in Croatia. That's quite an unfair disadvantage, no?

How is that a disadvantage? BJJ or any other art is only as good as the person using it. First of I DO NOT LIKE BJJ. I perfer Japanes JJ. For the BJJ is part of the Army Combative program but I don't like it. It is unrealistic in this venue.

>Then you're wasting your time.

LOL Still keeping that up!

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 1:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol continue...

But asia I disagree that BJJ is unrealistic "in this venue", no offence (not that I've tried it myself in a realistic but that's just what I think, but then i don't think i could us emuch in a real situtaion.)

akido isn;t used in MMA (just incase you think it is, not that you do.) :) I did JJJ for a year, much prefer BJJ (no 100% prfer BJJ.) :)
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 1:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Windu,

For a soldier in full battle rattle encountering a H2H situation BJJ is very bad. He really doesn't have the time to grapple with another person and the kit we wear will be very hindering to us in thos situations.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 5:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    > >For another, you do BJJ, which I cannot do in Croatia. That's quite an unfair disadvantage, no?

> How is that a disadvantage?

Ask guys that fought Royce in the first four UFCs.

> For a soldier in full battle rattle encountering a H2H situation BJJ is very bad.

LOL, so you wanted to have a go at me in full battle rattle? :)

- Stipe -

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 5:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I forgot another thing :

> BJJ or any other art is only as good as the person using it.

Bullshit.

- Stipe -

Posted On:
    8/07/2002 2:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YAWN!!! You're still around?

Beleive whatever you want. When you learn something then I may pay attention.

______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2002 3:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good, do me a favour and keep quiet until you do start paying attention.

- Stipe -

Posted On:
    8/07/2002 4:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so you know, aikido is a non-agressive modern martial art(1946) that is usually practiced in a traditional way. The reason Aikidoka don't compete in MMA events is because it goes against everything aikido philosophy teaches. When I practice aikido, if I break a hold (say someone grabbing my wrist) we do not even grab the hand/wrist, because it would be an attack. That may shed some light on the subject.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 5:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    > The reason Aikidoka don't compete in MMA events is because it goes against everything aikido philosophy teaches.

Yes, I know an aikido master from ki-aikido dojo in ZG, and have been to some of his trainings and I know about its philosophy.

But that was never in real question here, it was about how

a) aikidoka don't do MMA, nor do MMA fighters do aikido, and we seem to agree

b) common sense dictates that as far as one-on-one brawls go, where a single aikido type throw to calm it all down and reduce the aggressiveness / violence in the situation (which is the goal of ki-aikido) isn't possible, such as MMA matches, WOULD still show that the fighting skills of aikidokas are inferior to far too many other style practitioners.

For instance, there is no way an aikidoka would successfully defend against Coleman's double leg, cuz wrestlers trained SPECIFICALLY for it couldn't do it in the OLYMPICS and you aren't even prepared for it. And once there, there is no way an aikidoka could beat him from bottom.

- Stipe -
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast