Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 10:38pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best of luck to that guy. Some of those responses in the comments section of the article were making me clench my teeth. I don't expect any contact sport to be safe, but the record to date in MMA is such that he got seriously injured doing a reasonable activity. I am not focusing on defending MMA because some people simply do not support violence as a sport (for that matter some people have moral opposition to self defense training.) But they make it sound like he got into something unreasonably dangerous and that fans want fighters maimed. No critical thinking skills with these people.

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 10:45pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really feel bad for that guy, only 20 yrs. old. I didn't see if it said exactly which vertebrae in his neck he broke. It did say he had some movement in his arms which is a good sign, especially if the vert. broke was above the level of his arms. A broken neck dosen't always guarante paralysis. Maybe he'll come back from this one.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 3:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    how about some fucking prayers?
    I'm sure his doctors will do their best even without us praying to them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 9:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems that everyone that commented under the story has forgotten about all the deaths, injuries and mishaps in every other sport. This is really disheartening to see what the majority of people outside of MMA are saying and that they are using this one incident to demonize the most talented athletes on the planet.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 1:48am

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Condolences--I hope he makes the best recovery possible. This sort of thing is common in highschool sports is it not? I've heard of some football players with similar injuries. According to a news story I saw, a drop of 2 feet directly on your head can cause a break. in the story, a young athlete was paralyzed after bullrushing his locker head-first.

Compared to some sports like motocross, MMA is about as dangerous as chess. For that matter, on the rockclimbing.com website I sometimes visit, I've seen a few reports of fatalities. And I'd still consider rock climbing to be pretty safe, if you take the right precautions.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, MMA will probably survive this. Lots of other sports have, as others posters have shown.

It's the player I'm saddened about. I just hope and pray he'll be able to regain full use of his body.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12