Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 1:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gegard Mousasi vs Vitor Belfort At Affliction 3

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2009...t-affliction-3

Fresh off his win today over Mark Hunt at DREAM 9, former DREAM middleweight champion Gegard Mousasi has confirmed to M-1 Global that his next fight will be against former UFC light-heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort at Affliction 3 on Aug. 1.
    Mousasi (25-2-1) will be making his US debut at the event and they will probably meet at light-heavyweight. Mousasi recently vacated his DREAM belt to fight up in weight and has said he can no longer make middleweight.
    Mousasi extended his win streak to ten with his submission win today against Hunt in the opening round of the Super Hulk Tournament. Outweighed by 68.4 pounds, Mousasi took Hunt to the mat and snatched an arm for the kimura. Mousasi will face either Ikuhisa Minowa, Hong Man Choi or Sokoudjou after the Belfort fight.
    Belfort (18-8) has been very successful as a middleweight, winning both of his Affliction fights with devastating knockouts over Terry Martin and Matt Lindland.
    A WAMMA heavyweight title bout between Fedor Emelianenko and Josh Barnett will likely serve as the main event.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 2:22pm

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great fight on paper, but it's going to be hard to pick against mousasi.

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 2:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So much for a Belfort return to the A-list - Mousasi is going to eat his liver with a fine chianti.

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 2:30pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it means that Moussasi gets to fight Silva or Lyoto in the next year or so, so be it.

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 3:18pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    “I don’t know anything, they are saying that, but there’s nothing right yet. I’m waiting the confirmation to see who we will fight”, said Belfort.

“I fight at 185lbs. If they want to do this fight at 185lbs, it’s done, otherwise I see no option to go up, even because he isn’t a challenge, a man with much name. To go up, I don’t see him as a challenge. I want to fight with him in the weight he was champion (at Dream), then I think its worth”, decreed Vitor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2009 2:38am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd rather see Mousasi take on Silva than Belfort. Mousasi has been taking on some great competition lately, but I'd like to see him fight more top fighters at his weight class.