Sponsored Links Spacer Image

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/25/2009 11:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is very unfortunate, and I will certainly be donating. Regrettably, it won't be very much, but I've got to donate something.

Perhaps we should have a little competition, to see who can raise the most money, Bullshido, The Underground, or...queerDog.

Quote Originally Posted by han090 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought it was a little funny that a guy called "massive amounts" was asking for money?

No, i laughed.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 7:36am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    This is very unfortunate, and I will certainly be donating. Regrettably, it won't be very much, but I've got to donate something.

Perhaps we should have a little competition, to see who can raise the most money, Bullshido, The Underground, or...queerDog.
    If an event could be raised quick enough, this sounds like a great idea. I actually thought this was what the thread was when I saw the title.

You could also probably collect donations AT the fight too.

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 1:48pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So this has hit Yahoo. Could a mod maybe contact the author of this article and tell him about that Paypal account being set up? The more people know, the more people can help.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,165528

Edit: just realized there's a link to donations in the post above.
    Last edited by MSphinx; 5/26/2009 1:52pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 1:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hate to say this, but this thread should serve as a lesson to any amateur or professional fighter to get insurance or quit.

For me my €40 (about $65) a year judo licence issued by the local federation includes health insurance for training accidents, plus I have private cover and there is a national health scheme here.

Now I know things are a lot different in the US, but to fight and train in a sport with an appreciable risk of serious injury, without health cover, seems like an unacceptable risk to me.

Is there any specific or limited health insurance available for just for fighting/training injuries?

If so, anyone serious about fighting should just factor it into the cost of training. If not, IMO they should find a safer sport to compete in.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 2:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poker View Post
    Hate to say this, but this thread should serve as a lesson to any amateur or professional fighter to get insurance or quit.

For me my €40 (about $65) a year judo licence issued by the local federation includes health insurance for training accidents, plus I have private cover and there is a national health scheme here.

Now I know things are a lot different in the US, but to fight and train in a sport with an appreciable risk of serious injury, without health cover, seems like an unacceptable risk to me.

Is there any specific or limited health insurance available for just for fighting/training injuries?

If so, anyone serious about fighting should just factor it into the cost of training. If not, IMO they should find a safer sport to compete in.
    I think usjf has like a $5000 policy for training related injuries.

On a side note. I can't believe some of the comments on the yahoo story. WTF is wrong with people.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 2:35pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Panantukan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poker, the health insurance system here is quite different from that of other nations.

Suffice it to say that many in this country go uninsured because the cost is prohibitively high, and even then coverage is limited. Hell, I worked full time for a major coroporation and my insurance coverage was horrendous and costly. I can't imagine what it's like to be self-employed and trying to get coverage, especially as someone in a high-risk field such as pro MMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 2:36pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Panantukan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl View Post
    On a side note. I can't believe some of the comments on the yahoo story. WTF is wrong with people.
    The Yahoo community is full of idiots and douchebags. Don't believe me? Take a look at Yahoo Answers one of these days, especially anything pertaining to MA.

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 2:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was seriously thinking about dropping my health insurance a few months ago. Because I have sleep apnea and pre-diabetes, it's almost five hundred dollars a month. I decided at the last minute to keep it, and literally two weeks later my gf breaks my nose which requires surgery to put it back into place. I would have been in debt for twenty grand.

If you are doing serious, live training, you are crazy to not have health insurance. Even then you can be totally screwed.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345