Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 12:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you want to win in tkd, learn how to check their kicks, wing chun is actually quite good at this if you're point sparring. once you can check the kicks and keep your opponent jammed up, punch the everliving dog **** out of them. most TKDers don't know jackity crappity about blocking or parrying hand techniques.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 2:41am

Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you think the judo gi leaves burns don't ever get a heavyweight canvas karate gi. The seams inside those draw blood.

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 10:00am

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    If you think the judo gi leaves burns don't ever get a heavyweight canvas karate gi. The seams inside those draw blood.

When I said burn, I meant that my legs and hips were worked so much that they were exhausted and felt like they were going to fall off. Not so much about the uniform leaving burn marks. Though, I have gotten burns from both my TKD and judo gi from good workouts, mainly on my neck, wrists, and chest.
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 10:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyways to answer the OP's question, I find that when my opponent starts to turn for a back or hook kick, I like to step in on a slight angle and hit them with a good reverse punch. In most cases, my opponent misses his target and I score a point. Also, if you are flexible enough, it's possible to use that same entry, but instead of a reverse punch, I do a high front kick, or axe kick to the head or top of the chest, depending on my opponents size.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by ZenOfAnger; 6/07/2009 10:07am at .
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

Bill Cosby

Greek proverb

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 10:04pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34 View Post
    What are you, a green belt?

1) Grab their lead hand, slide back foot to front foot, pull their lead arm down and lead leg hook kick to head.
    2) Feint a jab then spin hook kick. If your spins are slow then work on them. However, if you bring the kicking leg almost straight up instead of in a wide arc, you can get the foot there quickly.
    3) Spinning backfist to the head. Step off their center line. As you step begin to spin. Make sure that YOUR EYES ARE ON YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU COMPLETE YOUR SPIN, and let loose the fist. Same thing can work for the spinning hook.
    4) Scoot side kick, Chamber the side kick, right as you throw it "scoot" your posting leg forward. This will close the range quickly. Use you momentum of the scoot to add power to the side kick. You can eve add a double kick to it in case they decide to counter, then you kick is already there.
    5) Stop point sparring.

Glad I could be of service. The rest of you can leave now.
    He forgot one.. its called the rocket backfist.. all you do is lunge forth out of nowhere with a backfist to the side of the head.. Try not to step on your opponents toes, but throw all your body weight into it. Make sure that you get the point before you go out of bounds. If you step on their toes, then the point is no good.. AND.. some judges may not go for it.. But.. they may also not even see it.

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 9:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could always try too, well, um....

YouTube - Sweep the Leg

... yeah, that.

Bill Cosby

Greek proverb

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 2:31pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    if you want to win in tkd, learn how to check their kicks, wing chun is actually quite good at this if you're point sparring. once you can check the kicks and keep your opponent jammed up, punch the everliving dog **** out of them. most TKDers don't know jackity crappity about blocking or parrying hand techniques.
    This made me laugh because i visualized this in a High School Gym in some far off midwest town.. People standing around the Main attraction. TKD guy Vs. Wing Chun guy point sparring.. who will win the 9ft. gold plated trophy of Zeus in his Judogi?

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 3:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha2six View Post
    This made me laugh because i visualized this in a High School Gym in some far off midwest town.. People standing around the Main attraction. TKD guy Vs. Wing Chun guy point sparring.. who will win the 9ft. gold plated trophy of Zeus in his Judogi?
    yeah, i know it sounds goofy, but wing chun mixed with TKD is a pretty good combination for point sparring.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 3:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chin Na/Shuai-Chiao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try front snap kicks and 45 degree angle roundhouse kicks; keep 'em at mid-section height. They do not require a great deal of flexibility or nimbleness. And even bigger guys with a little practice can delivery 'em with blazing speed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2009 10:23pm

Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally i like to use a quick front-leg or hop-step sidekick against people. It's a good way to create space or break the rhythm of your opponents attack. I also find it to be a very useful counter against turning or spinning techniques because it sends the opponent whirling away from you with little chance to recover their position
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast