Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/27/2009 11:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Pose running is for people who have a need for paying extra for a brand name instead of buying the generic equivalent. It's a perfectly usable product, but part of why you'd use it is because ... well ... you're a poser.

Oh Blimey...I did wonder but...just give us a minute while I strap on my vintage Air Jordans.

*oh my word*

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 5:58am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
    I think you're getting "easier" confused with "more efficient" aren't you?
    If you're using your body more efficiently then the same amount of work will require less energy, therefore it makes the job easier

I haven't tested the claims of Pose running so can't defend it or otherwise, but I don't see how cultivating a (supposedly) more efficient stride would lessen its cardiovascular impact to the degree that it dramatically reduced health benefits.
    Naturally the advantage is not miraculous, but there was a vid on YT from British news pimping POSE, [not to mention the POSE site itself's pimpin' campaign] claiming significant drops in heart-rate when performing POSE running vs regular style running. My point is that whilst it might not a huge difference in puff built by the training, it's a difference none the less. I suppose for the benefit of your joints it's probably worth a look, since no doubt you (and everyone else who isn't trained, me included) is probably tearing up our bodies trying to run with our apparently shitty form.

When I find a way to run a marathon without breaking a sweat, I'll let you know.[/quote]

Sweet, 'cause I wanna whup some Kenyan-marathon-runner-butt and I need all the help I can get.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 9:38am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by socratic View Post
    If you're using your body more efficiently then the same amount of work will require less energy, therefore it makes the job easier

The point of learning to run more 'efficiently' is to use the same level of energy to run faster with less chance of injury. So, while what you say is technically true, it doesn't apply here.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    5/31/2009 1:25pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been a terrible runner my entire life. The old joke is that I took up fighting because I couldn't run fast enough to get away. Chi Running and the POSE material both provided advice that improved my stride (thus reducing my lower body pain from running), so I give them a cautious recommendation. That said, actual qualified coaching is far and away the best way to improve quickly at just about anything...
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    6/01/2009 1:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    years of TMA kata when i was younger means running now pains my knee joints significantly.. even with correct technique it just huts a little less. Swimming is always a no-impact alternative

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2009 10:06pm

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How's the running coming, BaronVonDingDong?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12