Page 13 of 14 First ... 391011121314 Last

Style
    Aunkai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Most BJJ academies sure are impressed by someone who knows how to sink their weight.
    Well why shouldn't they be :) If you can drop your center of gravity without lowering your body you have all sorts of mobility advantages, particularly if you are striking someone (a topic for another conversation).

What about being able to input power into someone without leaning into them and compromising your own balance?

What about if you can posture up and resist your opponent while using less strength, thereby getting less winded?

Its a pretty nice tool if you are tall and are start from standing with a shorter opponent (and don't plan on jumping into guard). who wouldn't want to feel like someone in a higher weight class than you are classified in, but actually weigh less. You don't see an advantage to that?

What about using the ground to feed back power into someone when they are putting on an armbar? Makes it a lot easier to get out of it or even toss them in the process.

Style
    Judo noob and, erm, chess
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA View Post
    The Thread about Aikidoka being the biggest Jerks (posted by a temp-banned n00b) will prove an Asian Britain Judoka will look like a big Jerk and can be thrown in Aikido throws. Okay and why?

And over a chinese phrase in the english language.
    So does that mean if I say "Yo mamma ..." jokes, you to save face would have to come over to Canada and throw down the gauntlet. Wow. just Wow. Why are you not in Prison already?

Your mama is so ugly on the ugly scale she became hawt again. Woof>!!!

So on your world domination tour when do I get my Jrong Zohw!!!

Power to you BigG. Pax Britanica. You are here for the summer and having fun, so have at it.
    LOL. World domination, my next step!!!

Forget about prison, my friends tell me it's amazing I'm still alive! I once got thrown out of TJ by the Mexican police which I think is a fair achievement (and to all the doubters who say 'video it', I am not going back to Mexico to re-create getting whacked over the head by Mexico's finest...). However, I've just realised my wedding anniversary and wife's birthday might delay things a few months. If I missed that then I'd definitely not be alive so might have to push it back to the autumn rather than the summer.

The answer to the question 'why' is always the same... Because I like it!!!

And because I find it hilarious to get into a fight over Buddhism. If you know Chinese people, we all know Gong Sau etc... is little more than a smokescreen but all the same, it's a great excuse.

Also, if aikido works against resisting opponents and I get my ass handed to me, then I will be a believer!

And I still say aikidoka are not the biggest jerks in MMA (thought I'd stay on topic). :)

Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    speaking of prison, what is 52 blocks? is this bs? effective? e.t.c....

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh god.

/Puts gun in mouth.

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gorilla View Post
    The answer to the question 'why' is always the same... Because I like it!!!
    So you like picking fights with unknown people?. Interesting.

Add to that you also pick fights with convicts, mexican police, are looking for judo tournaments because you have to restrain yoursef in training plus various pearls you've dropped in other threads...

Nice, I've been challenged to a MMA match by a fucking sociopath.

And because I find it hilarious to get into a fight over Buddhism.
    Who lacks reading comprehension.

However, I've just realised my wedding anniversary and wife's birthday might delay things a few months. If I missed that then I'd definitely not be alive so might have to push it back to the autumn rather than the summer.
    And bad memory...

Really, do you need more than 3 months be ready to come here and kick the ass of a guy 50 kg. lighter and older than you? If you were as badass as you claim to be you'll be here next week. I've sent you gym and hotel adresses, schedule and name and what I receive is "Oh noes!!!, I forgot wedding anniversary and wife's birthday, can't gong sau until autumn".

You lack awesomeness and atractiveness.

Style
    Finding You
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    So you like picking fights with unknown people?
    Is this a sparring match, or a fight?

Also, who picked the fight, again?
    Last edited by Cy Q. Faunce; 6/05/2009 11:47am at . Reason: Typo fix.

Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FOOM FOOM FOOM,

I felt like posting that.

Style
    Aikido,Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fong View Post
    FOOM FOOM FOOM,

I felt like posting that.
    To your shame....

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Is this a sparring match, or a fight?

Also, who picked the fight, again?
    Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gorilla
    As it would be clearly difficult to travel to Spain just to demonstrate to you, personally why aikido throws do not work, we can use a Throwdown where independent MAs can film us from multiple angles. I have noticed there is a throwdown taking place in Belfast and I can always ask the organiser if such a challenge would be appropriate. However, if you want to meet in the middle we can go to Paris or Marseille.
    post #63

My answer:

If you are going to challenge me, you travel here. Bullshido gonsau rules are clear.
    Then:

GONG SAU!!!!!!!! I cannot turn down the mention of a Gong Sau 'freefight' without losing face (it's a Cantonese thing). Rules may be an issue but thank you for the suggestion of going to you. We will find our Gong Sau Wong.

If you are happy to accept standard UFC rules, I'll go to you to Gong Sau. Give me some dates and a location and I'll happily be there
    I will naturally need a selection of dates you are available over the next 3 months.
    I accepted and sent him dates and location via PM. Now it seems he needs more time.

Style
    Aikido,Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DCS, I have a better challenge for you. In my refrigerator, I have many cold beers. I challenge you to come and help me drink them. My wife and I'll put you (and your spouse) up at our house, take you to my classes, feed you poorly and just generally show you some pretty good hospitality. I wouldn't waste this challenge on just anybody.

Page 13 of 14 First ... 391011121314 Last