230545 Bullies, 3712 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 9:01pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF 9 Episode 5/20/2009 Thread

:XXbuzzsaw I always liked that smiley.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 6:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: SanDa, MT, Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was horrible! The whole Pierce saga was ridiculous. I mean, he basically told Dana that he didn't really want to fight. Seems like Dana did him a favor in making the decision for him. At least this way Pierce saves some tiny amount of dignity.

And Dent (sp?). Wow. Seriously? For the first time in my life I found myself agreeing with Dana. The dude won, but wow was that unimpressive.

Before this season didn't Dana say that this was the best season ever in terms of fights? He must've been high

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 7:20am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With the exception of this episode I think he was right.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 7:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hendo is way to nice. I said to my wife "You know Dan honestly want to tell him whats the deal". As soon as I finish my sentence, the show cuts to Dan saying "Honestly..."

Thing about pierce is that he is a fuckler for not going either way. He let someone else make the decision for him. That is what I found cowardly. He could have just said. "I don't think I can fight with this injury". He didn't need to mope about and hang his head.

Oh, btw, when you meet the president of the organization you want to join, take off your hat and hood. I could have sworn in one clip he even still had his sunglasses on when entering the room.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 12:39pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it me, or is the vast majority of UFC fighters unaware of what a leg lock is?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 12:59pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm...It's times like this where I really do not like Dana's logic. Yeah, Pierce sounded all melancholy, but banning him from fighting seemed a little strange to me especially considering how pissed off he seemed about it afterwards. Dana said that he didn't let him fight not because he was hurt, but rather because he wasn't fired up enough about wanting to fight. I would have thought a physical evaluation would be more important to allowing a fighter to compete over how well they present their case. If the doctor's say they can fight and the fighter says they want to (albeit poorly), then let them fight. Banning someone injured from competing just because they don't loudly decry "I wanna be a fucking fighter!" on TV seems silly. I find this especially strange seeing how last season Dana said that he knew that Junie wanted off the show, and rather than kick him off, he was adamant about forcing him to fight so that he could be "beaten off".

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 1:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan McScary View Post
    Hmm...It's times like this where I really do not like Dana's logic. Yeah, Pierce sounded all melancholy, but banning him from fighting seemed a little strange to me especially considering how pissed off he seemed about it afterwards. Dana said that he didn't let him fight not because he was hurt, but rather because he wasn't fired up enough about wanting to fight. I would have thought a physical evaluation would be more important to allowing a fighter to compete over how well they present their case. If the doctor's say they can fight and the fighter says they want to (albeit poorly), then let them fight. Banning someone injured from competing just because they don't loudly decry "I wanna be a fucking fighter!" on TV seems silly. I find this especially strange seeing how last season Dana said that he knew that Junie wanted off the show, and rather than kick him off, he was adamant about forcing him to fight so that he could be "beaten off".
    You realize the show is edited right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 1:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl View Post
    You realize the show is edited right?

Yes.

Thank goodness for creative editing for increased man-drama.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 1:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I meant was, I bet there is alot more to it than Dana deciding he wasn't really into fighting. Dan probably told him of the other problems they were having from him. There was one episode where he seemingly just walked out on sparring while the coach was talking to them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 2:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl View Post
    What I meant was, I bet there is alot more to it than Dana deciding he wasn't really into fighting. Dan probably told him of the other problems they were having from him. There was one episode where he seemingly just walked out on sparring while the coach was talking to them.
    Yeah, that's true. Very good point. I just wish they would elaborate on elements like that more and show less of things like faux-pro wrestling pool party matches at the house.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast